Extracting eggs from my dead pregnant Rili

HexaD

Just wanted to share a first and terrible experience which happened last night. My favourite Rili pattern which I got from Gbang passed away last night, I think I saw her catching her last breath before falling side ways, long story short, I quickly asked Gbang at laaaaaaaaaate night what to do, and thank god he went thru the detailed steps with me, but as I had no tools and experience, I could only manage with what I had on hands.

Look at the colors :( as though it is still alive.

855da8cb.jpg785f26f9.jpgc7146cb7.jpgc65cc288.jpgbe38490c.jpg

Eggs with eyes, hopefully they are only a few days away from hatching! And HOPEFULLY they retain the pattern of their mum!

7bb46d76.jpg

Floating the eggs on top of sponge filter. I added a second net just for safety as they were dangling.

53635c0d.jpg

Just wanted to thank Gbang again for not ignoring my SOS at 1am in the morning, thanks so much bro!

Good old Gbang also up for a late night SOS :) good work saving the eggs mate, you will see babies soon, gbang knows his stuff !!!

The eggs looks healthy and matured enough for a great success......+1 for Gbang ...our August HERO.....

I had great success with egg tumblers and also a fine shrimp net over aeration/flow....keep a lookout for any dead eggs (turn opaque or fuzzy), remove them....and you will see some success...good luck....when bad situation turn good !

Keep us updated ....