Purple Cherry Shrimp .....

BlueBolts

Selective breeding blue cherry shrimps, and found this in my colony 2day ...... unsure whether there's more, lights went off as I took this shot !

post-277-139909847923_thumb.jpg

post-24-139909858683_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Wow!!!!!! Very very cool indeed was this breed from blues from choc's ?? Or AnoTher source

Not 100% sure, but I suspect these are the parents......there were blue/chocs in there too.

post-277-139909847933_thumb.jpgpost-277-139909847928_thumb.jpg

post-24-139909847472_thumb.jpg

I'll work on a WCE line of shrimp and you work on a Freo line ;)

This is an exciting time for Cherry shrimp development.

Good stuff BB I think Aussies might be leading the world in cherry variety's some day we defiantly have more colour variety's popping up maybe due to the small genetic pool?

Your pics are nice and clear what cam did you use for these shots?

Marcus are they the Choc cherries you purchased from Dean? Absolutely amazing colour...CJ

Fantastic photo, beautiful shrimp, and the possible parents are lovely too.

Bb that shrimp looks like its had a vl turbo paint job from down Melbourne way haha

Fully hectic shrimp!

That is awesome colouring! Requires tank all to itself! Lol

Love it! Well done BB!

Might be a little off topic but it sure feels good to think that just one year ago when yellows were the new thing, we have gradually seen pumpkins, chocolates, blacks, Dean's whites and green tigers introduced slowly over a span of less than half a year and now a purple!! Compared to other forums, SKF is really in a world of its own, amazing! Keep it up guys :D

Damn that looks cool! the sheen on its body is amazing.

Can't believe the variety that there is now! Quickly running out of colours that don't exist!

wow!!! that is amazingly beautiful BB... that is a colour i have not even seen in my tanks yet! so jealous :)

would love to do a trade of some sort for the green you have.

What a beauty!! I'm telling you right now, if you can secure the colour purple and make it available, I would instantly be allowed another tank at home lol

If u can create and breed purple cherries ATM, I think it's safe to put a deposite on that luxury cruiser.

Selective breeding the purple will definitely take importance, but will need to find a suitable partner, to kick start the program....well, that's where the fun/excitement begin's I guess. Have a friend coming over tomorrow, and we'll strip down 2-3 tanks to look for a suitable mate !

Great looking shrimp there Marcus' date=' good luck with finding a suitable mate.[/quote']

C'mon Trav, if I can fluke it once, surely I can do it again ? LOL.....I know it's near impossible, but if I looked and wished hard enough, I'm sure the red cherry will look purple. Haha....

I want you to find another of the opposite sex :) Grimace or purple haze shrimp, it would be awesome to have a tank full.

I'll work on a WCE line of shrimp and you work on a Freo line ;)

This is an exciting time for Cherry shrimp development.

Sorry Chris, I'll never work on a Freo line....HUGE WCE fan, hate the dockers....as soon as the purple shrimp shows signs of white...I'm gonna nuke it. LOL