Transferring shrimplets

doctr-dan

I was just wondering what a safe size/age is to transfer shrimplets from one tank to another?

thanks

They'll be many thoughts and experiences on this, but depends also on the WP of the two tanks. Generally, I wouldn't move shrimplets less then 5mm.

i have no issues transferring new borns. usually dont use a net to transfer them though because they are physically fragile so i catch them in a hard net like the ebi net and transfer them to a container within the same water so that they are never exposed to zero buoyancy.

as all my tanks for each type of shrimp run exactly the same water/partameters,

i move shrimp with the ebi net (hard net) from day old to any age.

but each tank has exactly the same water conditions..

When I got my Crs the guy gave me a few extra shrimplets at about 2-3mm because they got in the net and he didn't want to back out of the bag. We had different WP and all survived luckily. But what works for someone may not for another. I wouldn't risk that small unless WP was same

I would agree with 5mm but if I sell any shrimp or fish I always transfer them to a couple of tanks with different water parameters so they don't suffer as much shock after they are sold and more chance of your sales surviving in other people's tanks. Hope this helps.

Cheers Mick