Bamboo shrimps

jessica234

Hey guys, I just bought my first aquariums and I plan to keep shrimps there. I did my research and bamboo shrimps looks perfect for me. For those who do not know about these shrimps or for those who like me, plans to buy them, I found quite good article about bamboo shrimps care. But still, I would like to hear opinions from people who had bamboo shrimps or still have them. Is it hard to keep them? What about breeding? Is it hard to breed these type of shrimps? And is it okay to feed them with pre-made food? Thank you for your answers !

8 hours ago, jessica234 said:

Is it hard to keep them? What about breeding? Is it hard to breed these type of shrimps? And is it okay to feed them with pre-made food?

Hi Welcome to SKFA.

Firstly, nice choice in shrimp. It's fun watching them in a tank.

Bamboo shrimp are not difficult to keep. They just need a cool 22-24 deg C temp and pH of 7.

However, when it comes to breeding, they are extremely difficult to breed, and I have not known of any successful breeding. Bamboo shrimps need brackish (salty) water in the lifecycle of the baby shrimps.

And as for feeding, they need powdered foods as they are filter feeders. So any premade food that is powdered is fine.