Completed project- Home of the tetras

jojowhisky

Just sharing a completed project.

Bought 12 tetras awhile back, 4 glowight tetras and 8 neon tetras.

Bought them for the purpose of creating a community tank(my very first tank- 16litre tank)

However, after reading more on the internet, i decided to remove them all as i did not want my bloody mary(@zoidburg, thanks for the id) shrimplets to become fish food.

So i put them in a holding tank for awhile, intending to set up a tank exclusively for them(41litre tank). This project however got delayed much further than i had planned as there were problems that arised from the main shrimp tank housing bloody marys and crystals.

Long story short, these tetras survived a bout of fin rot and some gill issues with seachem paraguard and today, they are in their new home.

I started the fishless cycle and waited for 2weeks, adding 2 dead shrimps to feed the bacteria and leaving it all there to decay.

Happy to see them in a better environment, pictures at the bottom. They are probably a little overwhlemed now but should perk right back once they become familiar with the new waterscape.

ef25cf8ece13f81ae11f508bbc08ffee.jpg2c2ec1db155dd423a3d1407b374d755b.jpgbf19a069fe8b68e3918644c40029e573.jpg1cd832d813aad3a07e37475ec38af3c0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 2