Clicky

jojowhisky

Chinese spinach for the little guys. (First time)

jojowhisky

Today i boiled some chinese spinach for these guys and my! Im looking at lots of holes in the leaf within a few minutes!

First time feeding them this, as far as fresh foods go, they have only eaten strawberry tops and hibiscus flowers(they did not eat those with much vigor)

Got inspired by all of you here that feed fresh.

I got regardless how popular all the commrcially prepared food one buys for them, nothing beats garden fresh?

Thank you for inspiring,

Joa58d45870a779ccece4b885cced84d0a.jpg1ae22291b83497e64214b18083ea988b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

jayc
11 hours ago, jojowhisky said:

nothing beats garden fresh?

Yep. It's cheaper too, and you KNOW it's good for them. So win-win.

• Like 1

sdlTBfanUK

Great photos. I will be feeding mine spinach tomorrow, I usually do spinach saturday but got friends visiting tomorrow so if I do the spinach then they can see more shrimps as it brings them all out. It may even entice your baby yellows out so keep a close eye, but they may be a little too small yet, I see some baby red cherries though!

Simon

ps Anyone tempted to use spinach MUST be organic.

Edited by sdlTBfanUK
  • Like 1

jojowhisky

Just curious the 2nd photo i uploaded with the crystals, can anyone id if they are male or female?
I know that is probably a bad photo. Just really curious to know.

sdlTBfanUK
19 minutes ago, jojowhisky said:

Just curious the 2nd photo i uploaded with the crystals, can anyone id if they are male or female?
I know that is probably a bad photo. Just really curious to know.

The crystals look like males to me, are there any more in the tank that may be female?

Simon

• Like 1

jojowhisky
The crystals look like males to me, are there any more in the tank that may be female?
Simon
*sad* if you say those two look males, than all hopes will go with the other one. As mentioned from the previous thread, i only got 3 surviving crystals left in the main tank.
I inserted a bad close up photo of the 3rd crystal.1bd013a052cef9c86ec7d8d7a58eac99.jpg

sdlTBfanUK
14 minutes ago, jojowhisky said:

*sad* if you say those two look males, than all hopes will go with the other one. As mentioned from the previous thread, i only got 3 surviving crystals left in the main tank.
I inserted a bad close up photo of the 3rd crystal.1bd013a052cef9c86ec7d8d7a58eac99.jpg

That looks like another male, assuming they are developed enough, but if you had one with eggs before I assume they are developed enough! Thats ok though as you can always buy some females a bit later on when you feel confident enough that you have enough experience/knowledge. The 3 you have are very pretty and each has different grade colouring.

We can always hope I am wrong of coarse.............

Simon

• Like 1

jojowhisky

Yes we could get some more once im ready.
Seems oddly calm these days after the temp was corrected?
Well dont want to rush into things, we should wait and think about getting more?