please help in ID this shrimps

kms

I have 4 of these, and a few others with a light and see-through body. I have googled and searched, but nothing comes close to this species. 2 of them are pregnant, so I hope to see what the babies will look like.

20jpxdh.jpg

thanks

Edited by kms
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

They could be "wild type" Neos. You can confirm this if you put two shrimp together of opposite sex - one red one brown/clear. If the female gets pregnant by the lone male, then you know it's Neocaridina.

As per another post elsewhere, you say it came from a blue shrimp... so "wild type" from mixing two different types of Neos together that were not "compatible" and offspring reverted to "wild type".

Edited by Zoidburg
  • Thanks 1

That being said, if it IS a wild type neo, it's one of the prettiest ones I've seen ? Maybe you discovered a new species, "Leopard Cherries" 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Jay_Walker said:

That being said, if it IS a wild type neo, it's one of the prettiest ones I've seen ? Maybe you discovered a new species, "Leopard Cherries" 

Yep, it doesn't both me what species, it just look different, and I have 4 of this quality, one is even carrying eggs.

My previous so called wild cherries, gave me 2 blue, 1 red and some clear ones, they are about 6mm now, just waiting to see my last wild cherries, see what it gives me. I have a yellow with a golden band along the back, that gave me all yellows.

• Like 1

I have four of those, 3 which are female, and one has eggs atm.  

Edited by kms
  • Like 1