Welcome Hanzelz

Hanzelz

Hi All

Im new to shrimp but have had salt water tanks for years.

Ive been keeping cherries for the past few months and had great success. I want to step up my game so Im here to find some more exotics breeds and try my hand at them.

Thanks

There appear to be 3 main types which are generally available, but there may be more depending on which country you reside etc.

Cherry shrimp, super easy to start with and so that is where most people (including me) start. They are much more adaptable to water parameters. I keep mine (UK) in de-chlorinated tap water!

Crystal Shrimp are usually considered the next step but I don't have any experience with them but believe they may be a bit more difficult to keep than cherries but a bit easier than Taiwan bees - I could be wrong there though.

The most difficult are the taiwan bees and it took me years to get these to work successfully. They are very fussy about water parameters though. I won't go into details here but if you want to read more of my trials you can try clicking on this link (it may not work though as I am not computer savvy)! As with anything in life though, the more difficult it is makes the rewards greater and I am over the moon with my mixed Taiwan Bee tank and it was worth the effort, even though I didn't always think that.

Simon