Shrimp ID???

Zoidburg

Short info...

I'm in USA
I got these from a pet store
They were being sold as something they clearly are not
Larger than cherry shrimp, smaller than amanos (as in, at best, females get to the size of an adult male amano, but not female from what little I can see)
*NOT* Neocaridina
*LARVAL STAGE of 1+ weeks*

I've been told these are 4 different species (well, 6 or 7 if we count the ones I know aren't true) so I'm looking for some second opinions on what they might be... what I do know is that after a week or so, the larvae have not transformed into miniature adults. These are some of the more colorful shrimp, some have less colors but they all mainly share the dark "band" midway down their tail, except males which may appear very bland. (I'm not entirely sure it's only one species of shrimp...)

Female

F.thumb.jpg.cfeaec7529a1b5665b1903ab73b4ce86.jpg

Male

M.thumb.jpg.46aaf445b5892639154daf2f471c6b8b.jpg

And a 5+ day old larvae/zoe (younger zoe don't show as much color - more clear)

zoe.thumb.jpg.00a835e7694da7e663a56320922fb935.jpg

And just to throw a curve ball in there... here's another shrimp that was mixed in with the type above! (clear shrimp, appears more yellow than he really is... this is also a relatively small shrimp, hardly any bigger than an adult cherry shrimp. He's the only one...)

na.thumb.jpg.591565915e73553e65a0bd4f644a4b9f.jpg

About a week ago, I transferred many of the larvae/zoes to saltwater and left a few in fresh water. Next day, had a bunch more in freshwater. Seems the ones in freshwater have, for the most part, died off, while the ones in saltwater continue to grow and morph. Safe to say that I have more in saltwater than in freshwater at the moment, despite the birth of more after moving them.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still new to the hobby but they kinda look like other post (could be wrong, but he called them glass shrimp)
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https://skfaquatics.com/forum/topic/11301-what-kind-of-shrimp-are-these/&share_tid=11301&share_fid=50791&share_type=t

For the last pic it looks like a pinocchio shrimp (Caridina gracilirostris).

Maybe someone will correct me. Sorry couldn't help anymore.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

They are both, without a doubt, Caridina species. 

The last one is a sort of "pinocchio" shrimp. The most common are generally the red nose followed by the yellow nosed(?). The short nosed, which I'm sure this one is, is far less common.

I've been given 3-4 different species of what they might be, but have ruled out one due to it's life cycle being like an amanos. The others, I have yet to see a positive ID that matches... so still trying to figure it out...

• 2 months later...

Still haven't a clue what these guys are.... but more and more people are showing up who have purchased them from the same chain store. One person has had two females turn completely brown!

Seems the store is back to selling actual amanos... otherwise, would love to get some more.

• 1 year later...

These shrimp are becoming more common within the USA... starting to think they may be one particular species... and now there's a couple of more species that are mixed in with them... and all are being sold as amano shrimp... Caridina multidenta.... which they are not.

Shrimp04.jpg

Shrimp03.jpg

Shrimp02.jpg

• Like 1