Is this the start of green or gold?

Baccus

I have a few of these masquerading as blue shrimp in my blue cherry shrimp tank and now I am trying to determine are they the beginning of starting a green line or would they be more gold? Apart from yellow and low grade chocolate I don't think there is currently a "gold" or perhaps bronze shrimp. If I could find a space to play with breeding these in one of my tanks do you think they are worth persuing as a morph?

Most of these guys do have a patch of blue on their backs and really are as shiny as they look in the pictures.

gold1.JPG

gold2.JPG

gold4.JPG

gold5.JPG

gold6.JPG

gold7.JPG

Try covering the tank in white paper (temporarily) to avoid background colours influencing what you see.

• Like 1

The best I could do was put a white lid behind the holding tank the shrimp are in, it did throw some shadow on the holding tank but still you can get a good indication of colour

gold8.JPG

gold9.JPG

gold10.JPG

gold11.JPG

gold12.JPG

gold13.JPG

On 7/29/2018 at 9:30 AM, Baccus said:

did throw some shadow on the holding tank but still you can get a good indication of colour

Better. 

Back to the original question...

They look like they are throwing more blue. Nature has a way of going with the common colours first rather than Green, or the even rarer Gold colour. 

If you were to breed these, you might find it loosing the bronze/gold colour in favour of something blue. 

But the fun is in the trying. 

I would recommend making sure you aren't feeding any color enhancing foods or anything that contains astaxanthin. After that, try breeding them and see what happens!

Food wise my shrimp pretty much get as a staple tropical fish flakes daily, its only really on the weekend or may a couple of times during the week (if I think of doing it) that they might get some catfish wafers, algae wafers, crayfish pellets, Wardley Shrimp Pellets (made out of shrimp for catfish and loaches not necessarily made for shrimp) or the odd shrimp ring food. So its a fairly varied diet with the odd mulberry leaf or IAL also given to them. Depending on the tank and other inhabitants my other shrimp also get access to micro pellets and first fry powder. The last is mainly for the benefit of the riffle shrimp.