Has any body else seen?

Baccus

I saw a post for blue glass shrimp on a certain online fish selling site and wondered if anyone else had seen them or even purchased them? I was pretty certain the only time glass shrimp go red or blue is stress induced. And when I looked at the supplied photo the shrimp appears white bodied under the blue. Is my suspicion on the health of the shrimp correct?

Thoughts?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi
I been wondering the same about the blue "paratya" from an online store. I can semi confirm the red ones just need to find the orbital spine on them. I also have black that seem to go from red to black at will. I find it amazing if they are paratya and not escapees that we have such brightly coloured critters down in our stupid vic cold waters.
Cheers

Sent from my TA-1012 using Shrimp Keepers Forum mobile app

Im guessing some creeks around Vic could stay cool enough in summer for even the fussiest of crystal and tiger shrimp to survive. Of course there is always the possibility that there is a local chameleon type species to be found down that way. Not enough is known about our natives, nor bred commercially enough with dedicated colour morphs being stabalised.