SKF Aquatics Monthly Digest 25 April 2018

skfadmin

April 2018, SKF is GROWING, more than 10,000 shrimp keepers from
around the world visited SKF, and the month is not over yet!

THANK YOU! 

==

SPONSOR:
Big thank you to our site sponsor:

ExoAquaristic ( https://www.exoaquaristic.com.au/ )

>> P.S. If you are interested in becoming a site sponsor or know someone
who would be a great fit, send me an email [email protected]

==

NEW: Visit our sister site TropicalFish.io ( http://tropicalfish.io/forum )
it's brand new and needs your help to get it started, register your account
and post a quick question or just say hello! Thanks!

==

Popular Posts

Hydra? Or... Not hydra? (SOLVED: Freshwater Colonial Bryozoan)
QueenCanAbyss
Hey sorry it’s my first post here. If this isn’t in the right place please just move it for me.  We’ve had an Orange Cherry Shrimp tank setup for a few months now and it’s been going extremely …
12 comments

Worm in tank
Dylanthib
So I am new to the hobby. I have a ten gallon tank that was cycled for two months. I bought 6 red cherries and one died the first day. This was about a month ago. Today I noticed a smaller orangeish…
11 comments

Any ideas?
DizzyBlue
Ok this is where the serious shrimp breeders .... run off screaming to the hills weeping and shaking their heads as they go! SORRY! I am not a breeder .... but nobody told my shrimp that. The t…
8 comments

Water Help!
loveflying
Hi Everyone, I have been attempting to keep cherry shrimp in my planted tank for the passed few months without much success. Until recently, I have not checked the GH or KH of the water since I did…
8 comments

New Shrimp Problems
zwylde
Hey folks, new to shrimp keeping but not aquariums.  I've been keeping African Cichlids for around 25 years and wanted to start a small tank for my desk at work.  Shrimp have interested me for some…
7 comments

Sump or No Sump system is better?
Gavin_EuphonyG
Hi Guys and Shrimperts! Having owned 3, 5 & 10G tanks (All Neocaridina shrimps), I've taken the plunge and decided to build a shrimp rack and with new tanks. Size of the tank is 2.5ft(W) x …
7 comments

No Planaria shrimp deaths
Tukie
I recently dosed my 3 foot tank with No Planaria in my 120L/3ft taitibee tank.  I dosed under the recommended dosage but after the 3rd day started seeing dead shrimp.  It was only 1-2 on day one so…
7 comments

Filter media.
KaridinaGal
Hi everyone, I'm having an issue with ph climbing up in all my tanks. (Among other things)  Having come from a fish keeping perspective, it's usually been the other way around, trying to combat too a…
4 comments

Red cherry with green shrimp
Betbet1992
Hello I have a colony of cherry red shrimp with x2 amenos. I have been looking at charts to see if I can add some other varieties in my tank without interbreeding and having colourless offspring. Woul…
4 comments

19 gh 20 kh 8.3 ph Cherry Shrimp, Cajun Dwarf Cray, Malawa Shrimp
Mighty Mite
Hi guys. Tried shrimp twice before without much luck, and have some shrimp on the way from aquabid in hopes that the third time will be the charm. I heard that these three species are the easiest o…
3 comments

Latest Forum Posts

HELP! pH 4.8!
WhySoCRS
Help! Just checked the pH in the tank and it's 4.8! WTF! How? I did a water change of about 10% on Sunday, rain water, topped with SS gh+, substrate is Benibachi, why the sudden drop in pH and how c…
2 comments

Deformed?
Betbet1992
I have a cherry red shrimp that has a very strange face. Can anyone tell me something about what’s happened or maybe wrong with her?   Sent from my iPhone using Shrimp Keepers Forum
3 comments

AquaOne IPX8
Baccus
Has anyone used a fixed temp tank thermometer by Aqauone 50W? I got one and am thinking of using it in a 20L tank but its set to 25 degrees cel and I am worried it may be over kill on such a small …
2 comments

Would it be a bad idea?
Baccus
I have a small 20L tank with about 7 blue cherry shrimp a mix of rilli and blue dream, but the other day I found a really nice dark all blue cherry in my black cherry shrimp tank. I am sorely tempt…
2 comments

Rosemary
RiaanS
Hi All Looking for some views, can you feed Rosemary in a dry/soaked or fresh/blanched forms? Are there any benefits, I see it's one of the ingredients in Shrimp Kings food, has anybody tried i…
2 comments

New to shrimp keeping
tfish88
Hi I'm new to the hobby I've recently bought some Super Carry Shrimp.After acclimating the shrimp I've put the shrimp in the aquarium still in the bag to get acclimated to the temperature and after …
2 comments

Important to Watch Shrimp Activity During Acclimation Process
KatieMacSC
My experience today with acclimating new shrimp shows me we need to watch them closely during the process. I received my shipment of Red Cherry Shrimp (Neocaridina davidi) and immediately started sl…
1 comments

PICTURES - Favorite Shrimp in the tank!
Cesar
You know there is always one... the prize of the tank, if you are fortunate you have more than one but for most of us, the prize of our tank is clearly the reason we obsess over water parameters, f…
1 comments

Worm in tank
Dylanthib
So I am new to the hobby. I have a ten gallon tank that was cycled for two months. I bought 6 red cherries and one died the first day. This was about a month ago. Today I noticed a smaller orangeish…
11 comments

Get in quick NQ Algae Shrimp super buy.....
The Tech Den
In store special on Algae Shrimp - 400-500 available. What about $29.50 for 10?? No - how about we take 10% off for buying 10 or more?? $26.53 How about the 10% off for being a Shrimp K…
2 comments

Who says you don't get much for $3 ... Check out the Shrimp stuff..
The Tech Den
We have a bunch of gear going super cheap - just $3 - caves, feeders, sponges and a heap of other items too....   https://www.thetechden.com.au/3_or_Less_Bargains_s/2472.htm
1 comments

Water Help!
loveflying
Hi Everyone, I have been attempting to keep cherry shrimp in my planted tank for the passed few months without much success. Until recently, I have not checked the GH or KH of the water since I did…
8 comments

New Shrimp Problems
zwylde
Hey folks, new to shrimp keeping but not aquariums.  I've been keeping African Cichlids for around 25 years and wanted to start a small tank for my desk at work.  Shrimp have interested me for some…
7 comments

Red cherry with green shrimp
Betbet1992
Hello I have a colony of cherry red shrimp with x2 amenos. I have been looking at charts to see if I can add some other varieties in my tank without interbreeding and having colourless offspring. Woul…
4 comments

Filter media.
KaridinaGal
Hi everyone, I'm having an issue with ph climbing up in all my tanks. (Among other things)  Having come from a fish keeping perspective, it's usually been the other way around, trying to combat too a…
4 comments

No Planaria shrimp deaths
Tukie
I recently dosed my 3 foot tank with No Planaria in my 120L/3ft taitibee tank.  I dosed under the recommended dosage but after the 3rd day started seeing dead shrimp.  It was only 1-2 on day one so…
7 comments

10 years of breeding
Baccus
Approximately  10 years ago I got for my husband two rather nice blue male guppy's with but quite pale and females with faint blue tails but no body colour. Only a couple of times in the early bree…
2 comments

I think I have a hermaphrodite Guppy
Baccus
I had noticed this guppy in the tank for a while, originally I thought it was a male  when younger, then perhaps a female due to its size and the other males trying to mate with it and now I am thi…
1 comments

Sump or No Sump system is better?
Gavin_EuphonyG
Hi Guys and Shrimperts! Having owned 3, 5 & 10G tanks (All Neocaridina shrimps), I've taken the plunge and decided to build a shrimp rack and with new tanks. Size of the tank is 2.5ft(W) x …
7 comments

Thanks and talk to you soon!
Cesar
SKFAquatics
Owner/Admin

P.S. Feel free to send me a PM or email if you have any suggestions, concerns or questions.

P.P.S. Site sponsorship is open, if you have a business that could benefit from exposure on SKF Aquatics website, newsletter and mobile app, reply to this email or send me a PM via the forum...

You can unsubscribe by clicking on: *|unsubscribe|*