AquaOne IPX8

Baccus

Has anyone used a fixed temp tank thermometer by Aqauone 50W? I got one and am thinking of using it in a 20L tank but its set to 25 degrees cel and I am worried it may be over kill on such a small tank, I really don't want to have another cooked shrimp experience that my red cherrys suffered a few months ago thanks to a malfunctioning heater.

The tank is set up in a car shed so cement floor, tin walls and roof with no insulation the light is just a small LED hang on light so it doesn't generate a great deal of warmth for the tank and the light is off at night any way which is the main time the tank is going to cool down anyway. It also has a small internal submersiable filter which may generate some heat but not enough I think to warm the tank when any real cool/ cold weather finally hits us.

Use this Digital temperature controller with the heater.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/322424108911

Theoretically, you could use any cheap and nasty heater with it safely. Reliance on the cheap heater's controls shift to the digital temp controller, so there is less risk of cooking your pets. The heater can be a disposable commodity now. Replace with another cheap heater as the old one dies. An alarm will go off and it cuts power to the heater, if the temp goes outside your set range. Can be used for cooling as well.

Handy little piece of equipment to have. 

I'm about to buy one myself. I'm sick of buying expensive heaters only for it to malfunction like the cheapo units I used to have.