Some of my Shrimp Buddies - Pic Heavy

DizzyBlue

So being very very new to shrimp keeping .... so new it's been three months - REALLY NEW but very addicted!

Thought I would pop a few pictures up of some of my gang .... yes I said some .... haven't managed to capture all the different colour variations I have on camera as yet. I sear they wait until I am miles away from the ability to take a picture before sitting in full view in the right light. Grab a camera and the dudes seem to just vanish or you can see a bit of tail or partial bit of body showing between plants ...... 

I have zero idea as to who belongs to which exact species and you have more chance of winning the lottery than getting me to pronounce let alone decide on their latin species name. They are purely for enjoyment (hopefully theirs as well as mine) a way of trying to occupy my brain cell and calm me down in to a more relaxed state of mind. So unlike most people who are obviously a heck of a lot more into them and into breeding etc I will just blunder along calling them the chocolate ones or the blue ones or the weird strip / clear ones .... Apart from my amano, the crystals and my cherry's I have zero idea what the rest are. One has even gained a name ..... Mr Whiskers.... Yes you read that right ..... and now is the time to walk away hmmm probably more like run away from this post! I currently don't have a nice picture of Mr Whisker (was that a sigh of relief I just heard???) nor a decent one of the crystals or amano, nor my powder blue coloured ones they are running around hiding with their eggs hmmmm also missing a piccie of the electric blue and black that I have.....  you will be relieved to read lol. Be warned I may add them at a later date though.

Anyways here are a few of my little buddies, if anybody knows what they are please feel free to sing out. If any of them don't look right please also sing out I would rather know than not and rather change my ways and help them than loose them and have them suffer in any way which is my biggest fear.

chocolate.jpg

black transparent.jpg

black.jpg

blue black.JPG

blue.JPG

cherry.JPG

• Like 3

I've been stalking my shrimpy dudes with me phone :)

My tank is beginning to look like a large tank of jelly beans!

amano.jpg

blue.jpg

crystal.JPG

pale blue.JPG

I think this blue one may be berried but not entirely sure ..... heaven only knows what colours they will be as have sotted some of the tiny ones starting to surface more regularly and there are some right strange colour combinations going on ... quite puzzled as to what they will turn out to be in the end

berries.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hey DizzyBlue,

Welcome to the hobby and congrats on having berried shrimp! I've kept shrimp for quite awhile now and I'm regretting not having joined this forum much earlier ?

Anyways, just to help identify all your shrimp (from top to bottom)

Red Cherry (Female), Black Rose (Male), Black Rose (Female), Carbon Rili (Male), Blue Velvet (Male?), Red Sakura (Female), Amano, Blue Velvet (Female), Crystal Red B/C Grade (?), Snowball (Female and definitely berried :D) , Cherry and Blue Velvet (Female and blue is very berried too)

Also, if you're looking to ensure that your shrimp colony stays colourful for long, I would advise against keeping all the Neos together (i.e. the cherry, black rose, blue velvet) as they would often cross breed and their offspring would revert back to their colourless wild variations.

Other than that, have fun keeping and breeding your shrimp!!