SKF Aquatics Monthly Digest 28 March 2018

skfadmin

We had an amazing March 2018, over 10,000 shrimp keepers from
around the world visited SKF this month, and the month is not over yet!

We are also closing in on a major milestone of 150k posts and 15k topics,
a lot of SKF members contributed over the years to make it possible...

THANK YOU! 

==

Our SKF Facebook page just achieved 2000 likes, WOOHOO! 
https://www.facebook.com/SKFAquatics/

==

NEW: Visit our sister site TropicalFish.io ( http://tropicalfish.io/forum )
it's brand new and needs your help to get it started, register your account
and post a quick question or just say hello! Thanks!

==

SPONSORS:
Thanks to our site sponsors TechDen ( http://www.thetechden.com.au/ )
and ExoAquaristic ( https://www.exoaquaristic.com.au/ )

>> P.S. If you are interested in becoming a site sponsor, send me an email [email protected]

==

Popular Posts

Mysterious deaths
Linda
I am at my wits end, I can't seem to figure out whats wrong with my cherry shrimp. I keep a breeding colony in a 15g long, they have been thriving for months, but for the last two days, I've be…
10 comments

UP Aqua Shrimp Sand - fake product??! Downgraded formula?
Finley2
I have been using UP Aqua Shrimp Sand 1mm size for years with great success. Perfect product for me. However... I recently bought some from Tech Den (Australia). It was a larger size, about 2-3…
7 comments

Bamboo shrimp bulges
Bamboo Shrimpy newby
Hi, completely new to forums etc,so don't have a clue what I'm doing:-) I came across this forum while trying to research what  is wrong with one of my bamboo shrimp. I have no idea if I am ask…
6 comments

Black Pandas death in 2 hours
Pablo
Hi guys, I need an explanation to what has happened to me ... today, some beautiful Black Panda came home, they were all alive and very active, the water temperature inside the bag was 19.8 deg…
6 comments

PetWorx Nano 45
WhySoCRS
Hi, has anyone had any experience with a PetWorx Nano 45? Local fish store has one on sale for $90, considering grabbing it while it's at that price. It's a all in one set up, filter compartmen…
5 comments

New cycling tank pests
KaridinaGal
So I am currently in the process of cycling what will be a new tank for my Caridina mischlings. I filled it & had the first filter running a week before adding a bunch of driftwood & plants & some cho…
4 comments

Redclaw Crayfish ( Cherax quadricurinatus)
wayne6442
   Cherax quadricarinatus (Redclaw Grayfish)    Back in 1985, I started a semi commercial venture breeding Redclaw Crayfish for the commercial market. My set up consisted of four 5,000 litre above …
4 comments

Orange vs sunkist - differences
KaridinaGal
Hi, I'm hoping someone on here knows if there is a difference genetically between sunkist orange cherry shrimp and regular orange cherry shrimp, which are a lot darker in colour than the sunkist. …
3 comments

Shrimp ID?
Shrimp>Wife
This colour variant pops up in my CRS colonies every so often. What is it? Thank you. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk  
3 comments

Spotted Blue Eyes
Baccus
I finally caught my Spotted Blue Eyes napping and in a relatively good place to get photos. Such stunning little fish.
3 comments

Latest Forum Posts

19 gh 20 kh 8.3 ph Cherry Shrimp, Cajun Dwarf Cray, Malawa Shrimp
Mighty Mite
Hi guys. Tried shrimp twice before without much luck, and have some shrimp on the way from aquabid in hopes that the third time will be the charm. I heard that these three species are the easiest o…
3 comments

Spotted Blue Eyes
Baccus
I finally caught my Spotted Blue Eyes napping and in a relatively good place to get photos. Such stunning little fish.
3 comments

Who else keeps
Baccus
Who else here keeps Blackmore River Shrimp, North Australian Chameleon Shrimp, Darwin Algae Shrimp, and or Darwin Red-nose Shrimp? I have quite a pack of them and some are really showing their true…
2 comments

Such a pretty snail
Baccus
 I don't think its probably a term often used for snails of any description but I really do think these notopala waterhousei are beautiful snails. I love their vibrant spots. Anyone else have s…
2 comments

Black Pandas death in 2 hours
Pablo
Hi guys, I need an explanation to what has happened to me ... today, some beautiful Black Panda came home, they were all alive and very active, the water temperature inside the bag was 19.8 deg…
6 comments

Show us your best Shrimp scrums
Baccus
I knew that my native shrimp tank was doing well but after seeing last nights scrum I am thinking the tank may need a thin out. In the photo mostly you can only see DAS and Blackmore River Shrimp b…
1 comments

Curiosity has got the better of me
Baccus
After reading a post on facebook where a person was asking about what native plants they could grow to provide suitable leaves to add to a tank for tannins, it got me thinking about tea leaves. I a…
2 comments

Mysterious deaths
Linda
I am at my wits end, I can't seem to figure out whats wrong with my cherry shrimp. I keep a breeding colony in a 15g long, they have been thriving for months, but for the last two days, I've be…
10 comments

Australian Freshwater Crab
wayne6442
                                                                                                Australian Freshwater Crab     Fre…
1 comments

PetWorx Nano 45
WhySoCRS
Hi, has anyone had any experience with a PetWorx Nano 45? Local fish store has one on sale for $90, considering grabbing it while it's at that price. It's a all in one set up, filter compartmen…
5 comments

Redclaw Crayfish ( Cherax quadricarinatus)
wayne6442
  Cherax quadricarinatus (Redclaw Grayfish)    Back in 1985, I started a semi commercial venture breeding Redclaw Crayfish for the commercial market. My set up consisted of four 5,000 litre ab…
1 comments

wayne6442
   Cherax quadricarinatus (Redclaw Grayfish)    Back in 1985, I started a semi commercial venture breeding Redclaw Crayfish for the commercial market. My set up consisted of four 5,000 litre above …
4 comments

wayne6442
1 comments

Shrimp ID?
Shrimp>Wife
This colour variant pops up in my CRS colonies every so often. What is it? Thank you. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk  
3 comments

UP Aqua Shrimp Sand - fake product??! Downgraded formula?
Finley2
I have been using UP Aqua Shrimp Sand 1mm size for years with great success. Perfect product for me. However... I recently bought some from Tech Den (Australia). It was a larger size, about 2-3…
7 comments

Bamboo shrimp bulges
Bamboo Shrimpy newby
Hi, completely new to forums etc,so don't have a clue what I'm doing:-) I came across this forum while trying to research what  is wrong with one of my bamboo shrimp. I have no idea if I am ask…
6 comments

Orange vs sunkist - differences
KaridinaGal
Hi, I'm hoping someone on here knows if there is a difference genetically between sunkist orange cherry shrimp and regular orange cherry shrimp, which are a lot darker in colour than the sunkist. …
3 comments

New cycling tank pests
KaridinaGal
So I am currently in the process of cycling what will be a new tank for my Caridina mischlings. I filled it & had the first filter running a week before adding a bunch of driftwood & plants & some cho…
4 comments

Thanks and talk to you soon!
Cesar
SKFAquatics Owner/Admin

P.S. Feel free to send me a PM or email if you have any suggestions, concerns or questions.

P.P.S. Site sponsorship is opening back up again, if you have a business that could benefit from exposure on SKF Aquatics website, newsletter and mobile app, reply to this email or send me a PM via the forum...

You can unsubscribe by clicking on: *|unsubscribe|*