Clicky

Sign in to follow this  
Shrimp>Wife

Shrimp ID?

Shrimp>Wife

This colour variant pops up in my CRS colonies every so often.

What is it? Thank you.dae0799319e8de9cde4fb045a1a4d7bb.jpg099d4f1a1655d16294bb4f01dd67e63b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

jayc

That's not a true CRS, that's a Mischling.

That is a Red Wine Taiwan bee.

Your CRS must be carrying mixed genes.

Separate them into a different tank. Red Wines are a little more valuable than CRS. So you seem to have struck the shrimp lottery. 

Edited by jayc

Shrimp>Wife

Thanks Jayc yet another tank coming....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

Join Our Community!

• jayc
      We really need to know the water parameters before we can give you advice. Ideally, you should have taken a reading of the original water parameters the shrimp came in. And compared it to your own tank parameters. Otherwise how would you know an hour and a half of drip acclimating is enough. The water in your tank can be on the opposite direction to the water the shrimp came in. 
    • Fishlover
      OK so I bought 50 cherry shrimp on Thursday  December 13.  I drip accumulated them for bout 1 and a half hours during the drip I losted 1. The next day I saw two molt in the tank. On Saturday I saw 2 dead shrimps and about 3 more molt, Sunday more molts no death. Today Monday I saw another dead one should I be worry r is it normal for some to die off?  The tank is 29*18*18  40 gallons and have being up an running since last year with a couple guppies but now it's a shrimp only tank with mts, I don't know the parameters of the water I'm waiting for a master test kit but might get it this week or next
    • jayc
      Ooo new toy.   I'm no guru. I'm still learning 😀
    • jojowhisky
      Yep today i did a wc using tap water like what our guru jayc suggested.
      I also squeezed the sponge from the filter in the pail into the new tank. Topped up to the brim of the tank with abit of water from the pail as i did a wc there(the pail) as well.

Ps my ph pen arrived today in the mail.*happy*

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• sdlTBfanUK
      I have put an advert in the 'for sale' section so someone may want free shrimp locally, however it is a bit of a needle in a haystack but I would rather give them away than kill them!!!!!¬ Hope your new tank is cycling nicely. Simon