Bamboo shrimp bulges

Bamboo Shrimpy newby

Hi, completely new to forums etc,so don't have a clue what I'm doing:-)

I came across this forum while trying to research what  is wrong with one of my bamboo shrimp. I have no idea if I am asking questions in the right place or not but this strange problem with one of my shrimp does not seem to come up anywhere when I Google it. Basically I have been keeping bamboo shrimp for approximately 5 months and cherry shrimps for about six months and apart from a couple of cherry shrimp that died on me at the very beginning I have had no problems with any of my shrimp except the damage that occurred with my bamboo shrimp before arrival and subsequently seemed to sort itself out with good water quality and regular changes. However one shrimp that did arrive damaged has gone on to develop two strange bulges at the front of its carapace and Though It Seems healthy these bulges seem to be getting bigger also air bubbles seem able to enter under the carapace and slide up past it. Anyone know what this could be ? Have pictures i can post. Thanks

Hi, you have posted  in the right place. No issues there. 

Please post picture. A close up macro if possible. 

If you can,  please post your water parameters. 

Edited by jayc

16 hours ago, jayc said:

Hi, you have posted  in the right place. No issues there. 

Please post picture. A close up macro if possible. 

If you can,  please post your water parameters. 

IMG_20180302_201640222.jpg

Ok struggling how to upload pics  or even replies, but getting there:-) do you have more pictures of other views and will try reloading them again. I'm a bit worried about stressing this shrimp but it is at present in isolation and has had salt bath three times sofa. And I am reluctant to return it to the other 18 bamboos until either it has either moulted  or got a cure

This sounds like Gas Bubble Disease (GBD) from the description you have given. It's hard to see gas bubbles. Mind pointing to the pictures with an arrow?

It's a very rare disease in aquariums. Maybe in farming ponds or in fish transported by air, but I've never heard of it in aquariums.

It's caused by supersaturation of oxygen or nitrogen in the water. This disease results from a rapid change in gas pressure in the water, which is manifested by an air bubble in the gills or under the pellicles of the body surface of shrimps. 

Do you have an oxygenator?

Do you have lots of plants and high lights?

Do you have lots of plants in the tank that is exposed to direct sunlight?

Occasionally, this might also be caused by over exposure to nitrogen.

Please check your Ammonia and Nitrate levels. 

In fact, please post your water parameters. All of them that you have test kits for, including temperature.

How to remedy the GBD?

Place the shrimp in a dark tank with clean well aerated water. Aerated by an air stone.

Aerating the water allows it to equilibrate with the air.

Regular water changes will also be necessary.