Clicky

richiep

Food

richiep

Over the short period I've kept shrimp I've gathered together quite a stock of different food.

Is it possible that shrimp could live on leaves alone. Whatever leaf I put in it gets disinterested and they seem to go for them before more readily than some of the food.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Shrimp Keepers Forum mobile app

jayc

A varied diet is always the best. Give them different types of food, even freeze dried blood worms, as they need protein especially the berried females and shrimps that are ready to moult.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

Join Our Community!

• Zoidburg
      They are both, without a doubt, Caridina species.  The last one is a sort of "pinocchio" shrimp. The most common are generally the red nose followed by the yellow nosed(?). The short nosed, which I'm sure this one is, is far less common. I've been given 3-4 different species of what they might be, but have ruled out one due to it's life cycle being like an amanos. The others, I have yet to see a positive ID that matches... so still trying to figure it out...
    • pastu
      Going back to culling , i would like to point out that removing too large a proportion of the colony you wish to improve , gets  your there faster , but you reach a point of no further progress for lack of genetic variability.  I tend to cull the worst 20% of my colony once a month and observe a slow steady improvement. Hopefully my colony will continue to improve Long into the future. I have learnt about population genetics when i was interested in breeding fancy fowl, and kept up to date now that i am interested in shrimps and horses. The laws are the same.the greater the breeding population and the lower the percentage that is removed from reproducción, the healtier and more prolific will remain and the further the progress in recombining desirable caracters. A severe rate of culling makes your population very homogenous early on and improvement stops
    • Wolf92s
      I'm still new to the hobby but they kinda look like other post (could be wrong, but he called them glass shrimp)
      https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https://skfaquatics.com/forum/topic/11301-what-kind-of-shrimp-are-these/&share_tid=11301&share_fid=50791&share_type=t

For the last pic it looks like a pinocchio shrimp (Caridina gracilirostris).

Maybe someone will correct me. Sorry couldn't help anymore.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

• jayc
      Newer A/C units now have auto on/off features. Maybe it's time for an upgrade @Zoidburg 😁 The things we do for our shrimp!
    • jayc
      @Zoidburg, happy to do that for you. Moved.