Welcome WhySoCRS

WhySoCRS

Shrimp Keepers Forum welcomes WhySoCRS.

Please feel free to browse around and get to know others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

View Member

regards,
skfadmin

Hi, thanks for the welcome.

Looking to get into casual Shrimp keeping, mainly Crystal Reds, have kept fish in the past so understand water parameters and now looking to only keep shrimp, not looking to go all out and spend big coin on equipment though.

I have access to a 2nd hand tank, 45 litre, not bad condition, just needs a good clean, also have access to quite a bit of driftwood with some anubias and moss attached.

What is the best way to clean the tank out, calcium I think is showing on the glass and hard to get off, filtration I am interested in perhaps running 1 or 2 double sponge filters attached to an air pump, or perhaps look into a canister, or perhaps a hang on back with a sponge attached to the intake, am not wanting a high amount of flow in the tank to disturb shrimp and plant life, as for substrate I have access to Fluval Shrimp Stratum, water will be from a rain water tank, will look to purchase a TDS pen online also.

What are suitable temperatures for keeping CRS in opinions of keepers on this forum, water parameters.

I am thinking just a basic nice looking set up of driftwood with anubias and moss attached and that's it, not wanting a strong light with risk of growing algae amongst the leaves of the slow growing anubias.

Also, are there members on here that deal with the selling of CRS?

Thank You.