white bloom ?

richiep

i have a 225ltr tank which as been running since early November, planted, ph 6.2 temp 22.8 tds 170, i put the first lot of shrimp in early january not had any problems, molting as normal and a few berried. a week ago i put a scoop of bactor AE in and just after that a white mist or bloom appeared in the tank, partial water changes have done nothing to help, all shrimp are fine and water is at the right parameters , anyone have any ideas what this could be?, the filter system is a fluval 306 external, i also have an oxydator, and i dont have anything in the tank thats breaking down

cheers richie 

White bloom is usually bacterial bloom.

I'm especially enclined to diagnose that, considering this happened just after you added some Bacter AE. I don't think this is something crtical, but I understand it can be annoying.

Try again a partial water change. If you can, vaccuum the substrate, add Mosura BT-9 if you can find some, or live bacterias such as Bio Nitrivec.
This problem can clear itself after a more or less long time. In my case, it took 2 weeks in one of my tanks. In another tank, I had to use an UV filter.

my .02