Something to worry about or something to develop?

Baccus

Staring at my Black cherry shrimp colony this morning I noticed this girl with vibrant red tail. Is she something to worry about (disease wise) or a colour morph worth exploring/ developing. She sort of reminds me of a Red Tailed Black Cockatoo. Sorry for the lousy pictures but she would not settle down in the temp holding trap for the photo shoot.

Trying to add pictures but it keeps giving me messages about being to big even after resizing.

Keeps telling me I can only upload 20.48kb

Edited by Baccus

On 10/30/2017 at 7:55 AM, Baccus said:

Keeps telling me I can only upload 20.48kb

Hi,

I replied to your support ticket. Essentially, regular members get a total of 10MB of storage, subscription members get unlimited. I've bumped up the regular member from 10MB to 15MB. The reason for keeping the storage quota in place is because we pay per MB stored.

Cheers,

Nogi

If I'm not wrong, Black cherries do not breed true. Expect some blue diamond or bloody mary in the offsprings. That might explain your black with red tail ;)

I think I can finally add some pictures of the female in question. Sorry they aren't very Redblack4.thumb.JPG.785d6644e707590a3d666393f10cf72b.JPGclear but she would not sit still.

redblack2.JPG

• Like 4

Wow. That's very unusual and beautiful to look at. The contrast of jet black and neon red.

I hope it's not disease.  Note if the red spreads further or not.

So far I ended up releasing her back into the main tank since I have no idea the best male to put with her, but I will be keeping a close eye out for any more redtailed blacks. Personally I think they would make a very stunning addition to a tank with the flash of vibrant red.

• 2 months later...

That tail! <3

Did any more breed this yet @Baccus ?

i assume no otherwise there would be a new post but worth an ask :D

I haven't seen any more but the tank is over grown and teeming with black shrimp. I might get a chance to shrimp gaze this weekend and might even see some more.

• Like 1