Properly defining Neo lineage

Saprks

Hi.

I have been breeding dark blue neocardinas that I originally acquired from a source who could not give me any clear identity for their lineage, From my research and looking at a few of the lineage charts I have determined that they must be of the brown/choc line, as some of the blues are so deep blue they are almost totally black.

My question is: would it be correct to call the best quality full coloured guys Blue Dreams? and if they were to have some black and blue they would be Blue Diamonds?

Also I have read that this line (regardless of culling) will never breed true blue? can anybody verify that please?.

And I do believe this is the line that can also throw Bloody Mary's.

All input appreciated thanks.

My understanding is that blues from this line are called blue diamonds. There has been some discussion about this topic recently. See thread started by@Baccus and active few days or so ago. Also thread from@pmasa which was active in the last week or 2.

[emoji173][emoji111][emoji445]
will

That's why I prefer our way of doing it, rather than using fancy names that breeders come up with we use the actual lineage in describing the colour. Fancy names do nothing but create more confusion in the hobby when you have a shrimp like the cherry that has multiple paths to the same colour.

• Like 1

Yes exactly.

I am aware that they are Var Blue - Brown Lineage, but I know people will ask me in future for the "fancy" name and I would like to have some idea because for a lot of people that's all they care to know. 

• 3 weeks later...