It took all day

Baccus

So it took me all day to finally remove the mishmash of cull cherry shrimp from the tank we call "Blue Guppy tank" even though it also houses khuli loaches (both striped and black) dwarf chain loaches and breeding bristlenose catfish and of course blue guppys.

I had to totally strip the  tank, but at least I am 99% sure I have removed every single shrimp. The plan is to only put back the few blue cherry shrimp I found.

Put the chocolates into my 4ft cory tank that only has the corydoras, otocinclus, Borneo Suckers, threadfin rainbows, fly specked hardyheads, dwarf neon rainbows and some riffle shrimp. This tank is very heavily planted so much so I almost never see the riffles and probably only 1/2 of the corys at any given time.

The rest of the wild type cherry's can take their chances in the pond with the endlers and gudgeons, and maybe give some away to a person I know who will probably breed them as live food for his cichlids.

The blacks that don't meet the grade of my black cherry shrimp tank will go into the huge tank we call the "freebie tank" (it was free) and is actually the grow out and cull spot for non-blue guppies and bristle nose fry.

The next time I have a day to play in the tanks I will sort the 50L red cherry shrimp tank, but I have to be more careful with this tank since it also is home to nerite snails. Then when I am feeling really productive I'll hit the other 4ft tank removing all the rainbows and endlers and just leave the BN's, sterbia corys, dwarf chain loaches and have a long hard think about what species of peaceful non shrimp eating fish I will add that wont breed like wild fire. So far I am leaning towards putting my Pacific Blue Eyes into this tank from their current abode with the Black cherry shrimp and putting another species of Blue Eye into the Black cherry tank. With the 4ft less the rainbows I am thinking of putting my high grade red cherry shrimp so I can down size in one tank. Which will be WOW from 7 down to 6 tanks but still a very handy pond as a back up.59b5acd4899b8_BlueGuppyTank2.thumb.JPG.29e2277ef3b7756d6a2ac24f020ffdea.JPG

• Like 1