Is my shrimp pregnant

shrimpowneryasmin

Hi I have some freshwater shrimp - I have very little knowledge about shrimp. 

One of the shrimp looks to have eggs inside it but it has been like this for several weeks (I'd say around two months).

I'm completely clueless about shrimp breeding processes but will it lay these eggs and will they hatch?

I've attached a photo of my shrimp.

tPw4C.jpg

Hi there, the image seems to be blank I'm afraid. Any chance you could try to upload it again? What kind of shrimp is it? Most common shrimps should only hold eggs for up to a month but without seeing the pic or knowing the type I can't offer any more help I'm sorry!

[emoji173][emoji111][emoji445]
will

10 hours ago, revolutionhope said:

Hi there, the image seems to be blank I'm afraid. Any chance you could try to upload it again? What kind of shrimp is it? Most common shrimps should only hold eggs for up to a month but without seeing the pic or knowing the type I can't offer any more help I'm sorry!

emoji173.pngemoji111.pngemoji445.png
will

The photos won't upload for some reason, I've screenshot and uploaded them:

SyDpwYSxTBuGKSyAFNHdBw.png

sO0VRGUJTj_5toNSr3rCYQ.png

zj-rc0DwRh63gQRRS-dmng.png

Also, my shrimp has been like this for definitely over a month!

Edited by NoGi
Fixed up image embed

Wow interesting shrimp! Are they a native shrimp from the UK? She does look to be berried to me (carrying eggs).

She looks suspiciously like she has a saddle (more unfertilised eggs) which might mean she is ready to release the eggs under her belly shortly and then moult and be fertilised once again but I could be wrong. I'm most interested to know what type of shrimp it is.

They might be amano / yamato shrimp. I'm sure someone with a better idea will chime in soon. If it is then they carry eggs for up to 5 weeks.

Unfortunately the babies of amano shrimp require brackish water to survive and are tricky to raise (don't move the mum though!).

They are stunning though well done getting this far :-)

[emoji173][emoji111][emoji445]
will

@shrimpowneryasmin I've fixed up your screenshot ones. You can embed external images by clicking on "Insert other media" and selecting the "Insert image from URL". You need the full path to the image (e.g. https://image.prntscr.com/image/zj-rc0DwRh63gQRRS-dmng.png) in order for it to work.

With the first problem though, it might have been because I was making changes around the same time. Try uploading again and see how it goes.

• Like 1

Berried for sure and with what looks like really small eggs so have to agree with @revolutionhope they are likely to be brackish raised shrimpetes.

Couldnt help but think that if you fed them a red coloured food there would be a nice red stripe running through them. Great looking shrimp.

• Like 1