berried Macrobrachium Tolmerum

Paul Minett

I have had these guys now for a few months, I have been adjusting the light and temperature recently to encourage breeding. After cutting a few hours off the light time and letting the temp drop a few degrees over winter, last week I added an extra hour back to the lights that with the warmer week allowed the tank to stay a couple of degrees warmer. this seems to have done the trick as I now have a happy berried female. now to wait out the gestation with macros it seems to take 35-45 days so it will be a long wait. 

Image may contain: plant, nature and outdoor

Image may contain: plant and nature

Image may contain: plant, outdoor and nature

the proud father

• Like 2

Congrats again !! He looks like a proud father doesn't he just lol

[emoji173][emoji111][emoji445]

will

• Thanks 1

He's very pleased now he toppled the alpha earlier in the week lol. Also explains the activity in there the day before the boys all getting excited. It's hard to tell if it's mating behavior or just everyone on edge because somebody is having a bad day.

• 3 weeks later...

The first female dropped after about 18 days no sign of any larva  which i will assume will be tiny given the short gestation. I have moved the second into an experimental tank but it hasn't had long enough to really establish properly to be successful but they will have a better chance than the main tank.her eggs have changed colour so I'm assuming they are close to hatching.

20170817_215704.jpg

• Like 1