SKF Aquatics Fortnightly Digest 12 May 2017

skfadmin

SKF_Aquatics_logo.png.c2975a068a835ff2ce

Welcome to the latest edition of the SKF Aquatics newsletter, your fortnightly roundup of our favourite discussions and recommended reading.

Enjoy the newsletter and thanks for continuing to be part of the SKF Aquatics family.

Your SKF Aquatics Team

Recently added topics

New Library Article - Setting Up a New Tank – A Short Primer
NoGi
If you are setting up a new aquarium, here is a short primer on how to set up your aquarium properly and efficiently. It may seem daunting at first, but assembling your new aquarium is easier tha…
1 comments

My shrimp - pic heavy
Cappie49
Hi, new here and thought I'd share some of my shrimp pics. I have two tanks. Both planted, one yellow King Kong only, other a mix. the mixed tank started with 8 TT x KK and 2 OEBT. By f2 genera…
1 comments

yellows
ineke
My yellow Neo colony has settled in very well with my TB colony.
1 comments

next generation
ineke
the babies from my super blue girl are starting to look quite stunning -not as nice as mama was but love the dot effect
3 comments

Thank You Ineke
GotCrabs
Just a quick shout out to Ineke for helping me out with some issues with my CRS tank at the moment, constant back and forward msging between us has gotten the issue solved and all is well again, app…
2 comments

Adjst gh, kh and tds.
AquaLars
Hi all. I have Neocaridina shrimps. I want some guidance regarding gh, kh and tds. My tap water has these parameters... PH 8dGH 1.9KH approximately 2(alkalinity 29 mg/l)Ca 13mg/lMg 0.57 mg/…
8 comments

New Library Article - Keeping Shrimp in a Planted Tank - Dosing Tips
NoGi
Many aquatic keepers combine their passion for plants and shrimp in the one tank. One common question for newcomers is how to keep the shrimp safe in a planted tank that requires fertilizers. Why…
1 comments

Hydra outbreak
revolutionhope
Tonight I found I have a significant number of hydra resident in my yellow cherry tank. Luckily the tank is barebottom (no substrate) and the population would be no more than 100 shrimp so I can remov…
8 comments

TDS in CRS Tank
GotCrabs
Hi, just wanted to hear some feedback on thoughts about the TDS in my tank. I currently have 15 Crystal Red Shrimp in a 45l tank, substrate is Fluval Shrimp Stratum, temperature is 22c, pH is 6…
7 comments

New Library Article - Planorbidae - Ramshorn Snails
NoGi
Planorbidae make up a significant portion of aquaitic pulmonate gastropods. In Australia alone, there are over 20 species group taxa that have been described. Their common name, ramshorn snails, co…
1 comments

What's new in the forum marketplace

New to the gallery

IMG_2208.JPG
Paul Minett
IMG_2207.JPG
Paul Minett
IMG_2206.JPG
Paul Minett
IMG_2204.JPG
Paul Minett
IMG_2201.JPG