marbled crays in Australia?

pimp

Yes, we had the "opal" blue claws here in Brisbane a few years back. I know Gary of Guppies had some absolute beauty white/blue ones a while back. Very nice. So yes, a common mutation in the common species. You also see it in the spineys but they are protected.

Edited by ageofaquariums

Thanks ageofaquariums , are they legal? 

Because from what I've read the marbled cray is an invasive species and the only known one capable of cloning itself.

If you're talking about the self-cloning 'marbled crayfish' they have in the hobby overseas ( example: http://www.theshrimpfarm.com/marble-crayfish.php ) , no, we don't have them in australia (at least, not to my knowledge and not legally).

If you're talking about native crayfish bred for marbled colouration patterns, that's a different story!

I am not sure of the exact species we are talking about but the "opal" colour morph of the blue claw is a native, and not under the same "protected species" laws as the spiny crays. 

well im guessing I need to look into this further as I have hhad a pure blue crayfish I found in a qld creek in a small aquarium on her own for well over six mnths n now there ar hundreds of baby cray