New Tank set up cycle

Tricky

Hi everyone

I have a new tank aqua one 135L and my plan was to use ada amazonia soil sustraight, with ada bacteria under the sub, but i also want to run my tank stright away with somthing in it ie fish to bed the tank in,  so i'm going to try the Trust the shark Colony nitrifying bacteria, for a month to let things settle then out the fish in with some cheep shrimp, run for another month then out with the cheep shrimp and in with s class shrimp to bread, this is what i'm thinking, what do you guys think

one of the reasons id like the tank up and running straight away is for the family / grandkids 

14875097994512044995060.jpg

Screenshot_2017-02-19-13-14-33.png

Edited by Tricky
Picture

You will not need a fish in there to generate ammonia,  ADA Amazonia already does that. 

It will take a few weeks to cycle unfortunately. 

Don't put fish or shrimp in there while cycling instead, get a test kit to test the water parameter. You can find out when the water is safe without putting the fish or shrimp to harm. Use an Ammonia, nitrite and nitrate test kit. 

The fastest way to cycle a tank is to get the gunk from an old filter media. even then it will take a while to clear a tank of ammonia from the Amazonia. An alternative is to use a different substrate.

Thanks for that, have you used this soil before can i ask and only cycled with it only, so i wont need to add or do anything just wait and test, im thinking ill be using something like 9 to 12 Litres of soil, i thought i,d have to add ada bacteria or something under the soil

any help regarding this please thanks