Welcome to SKF Aquatics (Shrimp Keepers Forum)

Welcome to SKF Aquatics (Shrimp Keepers Forum), like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SKF Aquatics (Shrimp Keepers Forum) by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Paul Minett

macrobrachium the mightiest shrimp

Paul Minett    77
Paul Minett

I'm really enjoying keeping these amazing shrimp they all have very unique traits, they all have a slight attitude and don't always play nice with others but generally are a peaceful and inquisitive shrimp that will cohabitate with others as long as they resect personal space. and what's better than keeping shrimp that actually eat fish instead of the usual result. hope you enjoy the upsate pics from my macro exploration. 

Image may contain: plant and food

Image may contain: outdoor and nature

Image may contain: food

Image may contain: plant

Image may contain: plant and outdoor

Image may contain: food

• Like 3

daimen    35
daimen

I love it. Thats a nice looking male you have on that last picture

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Paul Minett    77
Paul Minett

have 3 really good Jardini boys the first female has dropped another is due any day so should get some nice bubs.

Jarad    105
Jarad

They're pretty amazing, Have been considering keeping these for a bit but I simply don't have the tank space :(

ShrimpSilly    10
ShrimpSilly

Every now and then when I'm exploring in the gold coast hinterland I find some black coloured macro if your interested or know what species they are happy to get you some if you like 😀

• Like 1

Paul Minett    77
Paul Minett
8 hours ago, ShrimpSilly said:

Every now and then when I'm exploring in the gold coast hinterland I find some black coloured macro if your interested or know what species they are happy to get you some if you like 1f600.png

some pics would be good if you can to get an idea what they might be.

ShrimpSilly    10
ShrimpSilly

Yeah no problems I will get some pics next time I get some males can get to 6-8 inches (including claws) or that's the biggest I have found then so no dought the get a bit bigger 😊

• Like 1

Paul Minett    77
Paul Minett

There is a lot of different ones around so who knows it might be one I don't have already. Its always nice to see them and appreciate the variation they display in different areas etc. the size and aggression is all part of their appeal.

• Like 1

ShrimpSilly    10
ShrimpSilly

Got some with black claws when I was fishing forbbass today I will try get  some picks if the sons turtle ffoesnt eat  them all lol😂

Doesn't *

• Like 1

Paul Minett    77
Paul Minett

the most likely is either Australinese or Tolmerum but could be a less common type

ShrimpSilly    10
ShrimpSilly

Not sure of the species love the  soldier style way they run around the tank there a funny creature and much more active than cute crs and the other "pretty shrimp" going around and yes i would say these ones are a common one as I wasn't up in the mountains where things get a bit more specialized like the beautiful blue freshwater crayfish from the goldcoast hinterland I will try get some pics for you soon the misses is just getting the Nikon D5100 in action atm 😆😆😆

Edited by ShrimpSilly
adding additional information
  • Like 1