Catfish in shrimps

albash

Hi guys,

Just wonder what catfish would you consider to put together with shrimps. Ofcourse the catfish has to be "friendly" to shrimps. I'm looking catfish that won't grow big like peppermint catfish or similar - any recommendations?

Just being too busy with work and my tanks start to be outgrown with greenish algae and hairy algae. I'm hoping this catfish can do its work.

Hey @albash

I dont think there is really a true Vegan catfish out there but the best i can recommend is the otocinclus catfish. They will stay away from larger shrimp but part of their diet is the micro fauna in algae and on mosses. I'm sure if a shrimpet just happened to be where they were feeding then they would vacuum that up also but they dont go hunting them as far as i know.

22 hours ago, Madmerv said:

Hey @albash

I dont think there is really a true Vegan catfish out there but the best i can recommend is the otocinclus catfish. They will stay away from larger shrimp but part of their diet is the micro fauna in algae and on mosses. I'm sure if a shrimpet just happened to be where they were feeding then they would vacuum that up also but they dont go hunting them as far as i know.

Thanks mate for advice. I will try to clean the manually - if unsuccess then will get these ottos.