Display setup complete !

Jarad

• HOF Member

looking great @Jarad.

I too keep Neos in with my Caridinas and find they do extremely well. Even when I was almost exclusively breeding Neos -I had most colours at the time- I eventually kept them all in the lower PH and TDS parameters of my Caridinas. Like all shrimp it's the stability of the tanks that they seem to thrive in rather than the actual numbers of water parameters. I never noticed much difference in their condition despite the lower water parameters -Gh, KH , PH and TDS were all low compared to recommended Neo parameters. Just one of my tanks - they look pretty good to me - I also have blue/blacks doing well in the lower WP's. I just keep my tanks very stable with no big changes -water in matches water out including temperature only thing that is ever different is TDS which will be lower than the tank water as that generally creeps up 10-20 points over the week .

look forward to seeing the inhabitants as you get them596ea7c3a50bc_IMG_20170511_115953_zpspx2nqeth(1).thumb.JPG.7ea57080c9f07da6a562ce326ee741a9.JPG

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ineke said:

looking great @Jarad.

I too keep Neos in with my Caridinas and find they do extremely well. Even when I was almost exclusively breeding Neos -I had most colours at the time- I eventually kept them all in the lower PH and TDS parameters of my Caridinas. Like all shrimp it's the stability of the tanks that they seem to thrive in rather than the actual numbers of water parameters. I never noticed much difference in their condition despite the lower water parameters -Gh, KH , PH and TDS were all low compared to recommended Neo parameters. Just one of my tanks - they look pretty good to me - I also have blue/blacks doing well in the lower WP's. I just keep my tanks very stable with no big changes -water in matches water out including temperature only thing that is ever different is TDS which will be lower than the tank water as that generally creeps up 10-20 points over the week .

look forward to seeing the inhabitants as you get them596ea7c3a50bc_IMG_20170511_115953_zpspx2nqeth(1).thumb.JPG.7ea57080c9f07da6a562ce326ee741a9.JPG

Thanks heaps !! Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I have spoken to some other keepers including well renowned breeders saying I'm not nuts ( well when it comes to shrimp ). Will keep you posted :) Ty again.

• Like 1