aura blue - caridina cantonensis

anthonyd

Pretty shrimp. These seem to be implicated as one of the shrimp that are required to produce the latest hybrids and patterns. 

From what i have seen, the end result seems to be pretty much the same whatever your use a tangerine, aura blue or tupfel red.

For some reasons they dont seem to be as tough as the tangerine are.

I'd imagine the results would differ if you were aiming to add blue to your lines - I don't think the tangerines would do much for you there.

The color of the tigers doesnt have much of an impact on the colour of the offsprings down the line but the twb used does.

But for crossbreeding the colour doesnt matter you work on the pattern first and then work on the colour and at the end of the day you are limited to black and red and the variations of black ie blue and green...

So... if the tiger doesn't matter...I happen to have some hybrids with Tangerine Tiger in them.  It shows up as a yellow tinge everywhere in and around the the black and white.  How would I get rid of that yellow and replace it with blue?  A blue, white, and black shrimp would be very cool, yellow... not so much.  It kinda looks like it's got a permanent case of jaundice.

Edited by Kaylenna

• 3 months later...