New main display tank

Bill88

Well I finally made the plunge after much saving and couldn't wait to share a photo! 

Last weekend I drove 40mins to get to Subscape Aquarium and spent too much money! 

I had a large tank collecting algae at my mum's place for the last 6 months until I could move it to my new house.

My goal was to make it purdy because it would be in the living room (Gf wouldn't have it Otherwise!) and I've always wanted a nice aquascape! I wanted the mountain and grass type look (I'm not sure of the actual name) and I think it will turn out nice!

Inside the tank I have:

Aqua soil they sell at subscape (can't remember the name but can find out if requested)

Some nice stones (can't remember name but same as above) 

Monte Carlo in the front

Dwarf hair grass in mid/back

Val?  Plant in the back

Filter is a large fluval (it's been so long I cut remember it's name but I used it previously) 

Shrimp guard intake

Co2

4 x t5 white lights

I think that's about it from memory but am still slowly cycling the tank at the moment and performing frequent water changes. 

Goal is to have lots of shrimp and maybe a small school of cardinals to keep it to scale.  Any large fish would throw it off in my opinion and eat the shrimp! 

Anyway enough talk! Here's the picture. I hope to jump back on soon and answer any questions if any :) 

Scape

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill88 said:

Here's the picture

I don't see the picture.

I'll try again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20160817_180103_zpsyxmpkzrg.jpg

Take 2!

I'm aiming for it to smooth over so that you can't see any cracks in the stones with xmas moss!m

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 4