waffle's Amarinus Laevis

waffle

Ah lol that sucks about Harrison. I mean if you're really keen to get them now, you could have a go at catching them out. Just scrape along the bottom of the riverbed, or the banks, with your hand or a net. The creeks and streams running through the dandenongs would be the perfect habitat. Pretty sure they're all around Vic and Aus. 

On 7/18/2020 at 7:22 PM, Crabby said:

Ah lol that sucks about Harrison. I mean if you're really keen to get them now, you could have a go at catching them out. Just scrape along the bottom of the riverbed, or the banks, with your hand or a net. The creeks and streams running through the dandenongs would be the perfect habitat. Pretty sure they're all around Vic and Aus. 

Hadn't thought of that, might be worth a mission when I get free time, which is close to never lol, and go and see if I can come up with anything. Haven't heard of any crabs in our local creek, only blackfish and sometimes yabbies of some type (can't remember which have been mentioned, nobody has said anything for quite a while).

So I dug around some old topics and I think I found a post saying Harrison is on the forum, under the name @IHaveCrabs. I think. Dunno if he would still get the notification from that tag, but may as well try. You can see in the discussion in which his only post was, a little below. I think he also mentioned he supplied Exotic Aquatics, on Carnegie, so maybe you could contact them? Anyways, found it by coincidence doing my own research for keeping the Amarinus Lacustris crabs I'm getting, but hope that can be of help to you.

Edited by Crabby

I've been researching Amarinus Laevis as a freshwater species, but here is where I get stuck. From what I can come up with, it's a salt/brackish species, which means that any freshwater variations have been adapted to be completely freshwater. This sounds like it may become more complicated should somebody want to look for them in the wild to put into freshwater tanks.

On 7/21/2020 at 12:15 PM, Crabby said:

So I dug around some old topics and I think I found a post saying Harrison is on the forum, under the name @IHaveCrabs. I think. Dunno if he would still get the notification from that tag, but may as well try. You can see in the discussion in which his only post was, a little below. I think he also mentioned he supplied Exotic Aquatics, on Carnegie, so maybe you could contact them? Anyways, found it by coincidence doing my own research for keeping the Amarinus Lacustris crabs I'm getting, but hope that can be of help to you.

"IHaveCrabs cannot receive messages."

Possibly because he only made 2 posts on here that I can work out.

4 hours ago, marin said:

"IHaveCrabs cannot receive messages."

Possibly because he only made 2 posts on here that I can work out.

More likely he has turned off the option of receiving notifications and messages from this forum. Some people just don't like it.

Last thing I can think of is FB. Groups or individual sellers (maybe if you can find @Linden - master breeder of amarinus laevis - on there). Out of ideas otherwise. 

• Like 1