Welcome to SKF Aquatics (Shrimp Keepers Forum)

Welcome to SKF Aquatics (Shrimp Keepers Forum), like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SKF Aquatics (Shrimp Keepers Forum) by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

fishmosy

some riffle pics

fishmosy    977
fishmosy

DSC_0129_-_Copy.JPG

DSC_0236_-_Copy.JPG

DSC_0266_-_Copy.JPG

• Like 6

neo-2FX    275
neo-2FX

Was so awesome to see some of these in person at the championship! Top quality @fishmosy

• Like 2

fishmosy    977
fishmosy
39 minutes ago, neo-2FX said:

Was so awesome to see some of these in person at the championship! Top quality @fishmosy

Thanks mate. 

• Like 2

kizshrimp    252
kizshrimp

Awesome to finally meet you too @fishmosy, hope to see you down here for the next show with a swag of cool natives! 

So the field trip section is looking a bit thin... what's happening? Don't tell me I have to go up to Cairns and take my own pics? 

NoGi    1,333
NoGi

SKF field trip?

fishmosy    977
fishmosy
On 22 July 2016 at 11:05 PM, kizshrimp said:

Awesome to finally meet you too @fishmosy, hope to see you down here for the next show with a swag of cool natives! 

So the field trip section is looking a bit thin... what's happening? Don't tell me I have to go up to Cairns and take my own pics? 

I haven't had the time to go through all the pics and videos yet, as you know just started new job. I'm planning to find some time in the coming week so keep your eyes peeled. 

• Like 1

zn30    113
zn30

Great looking shrimp @fishmosy I will be looking at getting some of these in the future, thanks for sharing the pics.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• waffle
      By waffle
      Peeps who keep riffles, do you find they prey a lot on shrimplets from other species? I'm thinking they'd eat larval-form babies that float into their fan-hands, but wondering, do they hunt around for non-larval shrimplets? I'm trying to decide whether to continue keeping them in their own dedicated tank or whether they can find a home with my yellow cherry tank, which is currently very understocked. I keep them out of my dedicated native tank because I don't want all the larval paratya to be eaten. I think they'd look quite nice together with the yellow cherries, but I'm leaning towards that being a bad idea for the sake of shrimplets.
    • NoGi
      By NoGi
      Give it a few minutes to finish uploading
    • Grubs
      By Grubs
      The pump flow jets into the corner of the tank and bounces the flow back out across the semi-circle of pebbles which provide "hang-on" spots for the shrimp. Not surprisingly this was set up to also give maximum viewing potential for me :D
      Feeding (infrequently) a mix of Sera micron powder, brine shrimp nauplii, and milk paramecium that I culture as fry food (I strain out the big ones on 50µm mesh).
      I also drop bits of mulberry leaf into the tank every now and then.
      I've found reproduction to be very seasonal.  In the 18 months I've had them this is only the second time I've had berried females - last time was last summer.

• Baccus
      By Baccus
      Does anyone know how quickly or slowly Riffle shrimp actually grow? I think it was around 2 years ago (maybe 3) that I went to Cairns and got to collect some riffle shrimp. Since then I have purchased riffle shrimp and all have been large full grown females. But my dilmeia is I still am finding small riffles in the tank. Surely they cant still be the original small riffles wild caught in Cairns, that for some reason just arent growing.
      The only other option I can come up with is that by some miracle the riffles are breeding in the tank. Highly unlikely I know but stranger things have happened in peoples tanks.
      The tank is a 4ft around 200L with lots of structure and plants, filtered by a 800L/hr HOB. I rarely actually do any plant maintence on the tank and everything is pretty much let go, hence the constant suprise of new baby corys emerging. It was only because I removed the current falling apart java fern tree and remade it with new timber that I rediscovered that I still have plenty of small approx 1-2cm riffle shrimp hiding out in the tank. Other tank inhabitants include Threadfin rainbows, Pygmy rainbows, otocinclus, Borneo Suckers and chameleon shrimp. I was also pleasantly suprised by how many chameleons where in the tank and showing lots of various patterns and colours.
      So do I have particularly slow growing riffle shrimp? Are they gradually breeding? Or is there some other alternative I cant think of happening.
    • Callan
      By Callan
      Thought I would post some pics of the wonderful riffle shrimp and native moss I received from Fishmosy. They look like giants compared to y culled rilli and cherry shrimp...

The shrimp loved the native moss

Rare fern and native moss on driftwood

• Topics

• NoGi
      Mizu Sakura "Daizu Snow" is a 100% organic soy husk pellet fibre supplement for shrimp, which is low Gi, low in fat and cholesterol and high in calcium. Healthy media for mycelia culture. A great natural leave in food that won't foul your water. Low Cu content formula.
      View full article
    • NoGi
      100% Organic Australian bee pollen, ZERO additives. Full of enzymes, proteins, nutrients and minerals like: Carotanoids, lipids, bioflavonoids, good fatty acids, As well as containing anti-fungal and antibacterial properties.
      View full article
    • NoGi
      Great to see you writing reviews again 8-) I'll share this to Facebook as well
    • Zebra
      Hello,  Recently I bought a couple of Sötching oxydators from NewBreed Aquatics closing down sale, As I've been wanting one for awhile but didn't quite have to cash to fork out. These sold for $15ea at like 40% off. Shipping was really fast, and they arrived well packed in perfect order.     The box comes with: 1x glass bottle with plastic lid 1x ceramic holster 2x Catylyst 2x 82.5ml bottles food grade H202 (4.9%) oxydator solution. Instruction manual.    Basic instruction: fill glass bottle with H202 to within a few cm of the top. Add catalyst. 1 for <30L, 2 for 30-60L. Plug the cap back on carefully but tight, before inserting the bottle into the ceramic holster and placing in your aquarium. Choose the appropriate concentration of H202 for your application, and add the correct number of catylysts, by doing this you can tailor the oxygen production in your aquarium, For example: In my 40L tank I'm using straight 4.9% solution and 2 catalysts. Where as in my 10L nano I'm using 2.45% and only 1 catalyst, (diluted equal parts with distilled water) Store any spare catalysts somewhere safe so they don't get lost. As advertised, the sotching oxydator produces oxygen aswell as an "activated oxygen" which apparently has a lot to do with neutrient and micro neutrient bioavailability in plants. They are also said to reduce algaes esp blue green algae and green spot.  Bubbling away peacefully in my tanks. :) they are lovely to watch when my Bazooka isn't running hehe.   So whether you want to increase oxygen levels in a planted tank without increasing surface agitation (which outgasses precious co2), Increase DO levels to improve shrimplet or fry survival rates, Run a quite tank without a filter for example on your bedside table where an aquarium or scape would add a sense of peace and nature without loud bubbling or humming of filters that can be annoying, Help battle algaes or even just improve general fish and shrimp health this product does it all reliably. All in all, its clever German engineering combined with a sleek, sexy in tank look earns this product a full 5 stars from me.
      View full article
    • NoGi
      @KillieOrCory cute little fry you have there. Are you going to take progressive shots as they get bigger?
  • Featured Products

• Recent Articles