Worms....????????????

jacet

Hi all, Just a question on worm things in my tank.... I dosed my sons tank with No-Planaria and now there is worms 5 cm long dead on top of the substrate... I have no idea they got that big or is it something else?

Just to add we moved all the shrimp out a week ago before i dosed as we re scaped his tank.... Do the shrimp carry this thing and how does it get there and how do i keep it away?

I think your describing nematodes, apparently harmless but a sign of over feeding (I was told). If it is nematodes they are the most abundant form of life on the planet... And pretty much come in on everything. Plants, water and pretty much everything else we use on our tanks. Don't stress too much about them (again I was told) :)

Just checking if it has lots of legs? If so could be freshwater bristleworm.

Not to the naked eye up close....

Gino I googled them and the picture that look the same is planaria but not much info i am looking for...

If they come back i will mate.... but i will search the net when i get spare time to find it....

Sorry couldn't help hopefully someone maybe able to ID the mystery worm with just the discription. :(

you did help it has me seconded guess what i thought i had....