All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. sdlTBfanUK

bee shrimps with eggs

I had bought some blue bolts and blue steel. The blue bolts were bluer (like your first blue bolt photo) and various patterns but the blue steel were a greyer blue (probably why they were called steel) and just the head with white/cream coloured body. I don't know whether that is the 'official' name or distinction but as you say I am sure they all originate from the same. The crystal reds ad blacks are good enough quality that they may even be Pure red line and Pure black line - they were my first unsuccessful attempt at Caridina shrimp. Hope you don't have to wait too long for the chiller? Simon
  3. Today
  4. Actually the ghost one is suppose to be a joke, Blue Bolt or Blue Steel, I don't actually know the different, so I just call them Blue Bolt, they originally from the same species. I not sure about the Wine Red with the white band, but I have a CRS with red which is so dark, but not sure if it's that one, as 2 of the CRS I saved from being cooked had very dark red. Those Baby black is about a week old photo, they have grown, will just have to see it when it's bigger, they are spread out all around the tank.
  5. sdlTBfanUK

bee shrimps with eggs

Have you seen the red wine with the white head at all? The second photo of blue bolt looks like a blue steel to me? The black and white look more Crystals than Taiwan bee/panda etc, good colour though and a nice variety of patterns? The same with the red ones though the red is better than normal which is usually more orange. Great pics, I can't really say what the 'ghost' is as it is too blurred, it looks like a blue steel, but I wouldn't rely on that based on that photo! Simon
  6. Ghost Blue Bolt Wine Red King Kong Blue Bolt Blue Bolt Baby black CRS/Black King Kong Baby black/Black King Kong CRS Wine Red King Kong
  7. jayc

bee shrimps with eggs

Yes, photos please.
  8. I will post later, I also have a special shrimp, one in the world, I will post that as well, it's hard to get a good photo of the ghost blue bolt.
  9. kms

Help with dying shrimp

sdiTBfanUK introduce me to shrimp king, I also got the mixed package, and two snow flake tubs, out of all the mixes, the snow flakes is the one it eats the most, and does get eaten until they are gone. there is one it does not eat, but since I mixed them together, I don't know the which shrimp king it is.
  10. Liam

Welcome Moorusha

Thank you, Simon, for the information you found. I have a friend who does this and he has contacts in Australia. I'll try to find out everything from him and write if there is any information.
  11. sdlTBfanUK

Help with dying shrimp

If you click on the gallery tab and scroll down a bit to sldTBfanUK pictures thats assuming the request is about my shrimps of coarse, as this isn't my thread! Simon
  12. Liam

Help with dying shrimp

Do you have photos of your handsome? I want to see them.
  13. Liam

bee shrimps with eggs

Nice picture 🙂 Have another photo?
  14. Liam

Welcome Liam

Shrimp Keepers Forum welcomes Liam. Please feel free to browse around and get to know others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. View Member regards, skfadmin
  15. sdlTBfanUK

Help with dying shrimp

I use that shrimp king mix as well, though I smash it all up and mix it together. I don't know how long some of those pellets would take to soften enough for the shrimps to be able to eat it, they are pretty compressed as even with a hammer it is quite difficult to break them up? I have never removed any food as it usually gets spread throughout the tank anyway but as I feed very sparingly ie 1 shrimp lolly in the tank with over a hundred shrimps (1 lolly recommended for 30 shrimps) it hasn't caused me any problems over the years? I have a few assassin snails in the tanks as well. I guess you just need to remember the tank is growing its own food all the time and so the larger the tank the more food is already available to the shrimps naturally! Depending on how many shrimps there are in your 60 gallon tank there will be a lot of biofilm. Simon
  16. supermansteve32

Help with dying shrimp

I have heard this rule of removing the food. Up until this point they've eaten everything I've put in there. The snow flakes and algae wafers they eat completely. I recently bought a 5 pack sampler of food made by shrimp king but the shrimp only fully eat the snow flakes.
  17. Yesterday
  18. kms

Help with dying shrimp

Snow flakes does not need to be removed, normally I have over 30 shrimps in the tank, and with snow flake, you only need to one pellet at 1 cm in the tank for every 20 shrimps, I only put about a half, if they finish and need more food, there are plenty biofilm and algae, you cannot over or under feed shrimp if you follow the rules.
  19. CurleyJones321

Help with dying shrimp

I'll be honest i've just done my readings and i have increased my food dosage the last week because of my population explosion and allthough the shrimp do seem to eat it all within a day it does seem to be having an effect on my Nirtite reading so im going to ease off a bit from what i was doing to see if it solves the issue. they say you should remove any food that isnt eaten by the shrimps after 2 hours but obviously not everyone get the luxury of working from home so its not always doable.
  20. No hassle, just need to pay them 1500 NTD, and they will sort everything out.
  21. sdlTBfanUK

bee shrimps with eggs

If the reds from the shop photo are anything to go by I don't think you would have got any better ones in Taiwan, and you will be saving yourself a lot of hassle as well! Simon
  22. sdlTBfanUK

Help with dying shrimp

With a huge tank there will be a lot more biofilm so you probably may not even need to normally feed them until they explode in numbers of coarse. The snowflake food is good as it doesn't foul the water, however long it is in the tank, and as before, Indian Almond leaves are a good regular and vacation food. Always use A LOT less food than the packaging says - obviously they want you to use lots as that is business. See it more as a treat for them only! Hope your tank has settled and no more have died since. Simon
  23. I will pickup some more wine red once the chiller comes through, and I have decided not to get shrimps in Taiwan, there is no reason to do so, the shrimps are so much cheaper this new shop, all the shrimps are available apart from green neo's.
  24. sdlTBfanUK

bee shrimps with eggs

It was a real shame about the tank overheating, but the plus side is that at least you hadn't spent a lot of money and spent a long time on it at that stage, so it was possibly a blessing in the long term as you will be prepared when you get the chiller etc. The reason I like the taiwan bees I had was I never knew what the babies would be and always exciting the first time you get a type you haven't had before. It sounds like you have started with that already, when the black ones grow they may be blue shadow! Fingers crossed you still have both red wine ones. Keep up the good work and I hope you get the chiller soon so you can get that tank going again! Simon
  25. Just an update. My 4 Blue Bolts are doing well, not sure if I have 1 or 2 wine red, present 3 crs are ok, and the mother, first time ever not seen it berried, about 20 black CRS or King Kong, so far I still can't tell the differences because they are anything from 3mm to10cm. 2 mixed CRS wine red out of the 20 from my new tank seems to be ok. It is kind of weird about the babies 1st batch CRS 3 babies 2nd batch black CRS or King Kong 20 babies 3rd batch mixed of both red and black CRS over 7 babies. I have placed a order for another water cooler for my new tank, after the temp went over 31 degree Celsius, and killed most of my new shrimps including 2 blue shadow.
  26. kms

Help with dying shrimp

may be the food you are feed have a problem, could be over feeding you shrimps, try snow flakes, they are usually eaten with in a day, so it will not polute the water.
  27. supermansteve32

Help with dying shrimp

Until recently I haven't really been feeding the shrimp much except algae wafers and sprinkle baby shrimp dust. That's was the first time I saw mold from food. In the past my ammonia, nitrates, nitrites have been zero but I'll measure again tomorrow. I also left a cooling fan while I'm away ABC's when I left the temp was 74. Thanks everyone for your responses, in no way did any of it come across as hostile, just helpful, thanks again
  28. Eggshrimp

Welcome Eggshrimp

Shrimp Keepers Forum welcomes Eggshrimp. Please feel free to browse around and get to know others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. View Member regards, skfadmin
  1. Load more activity