Tibee breeding

ineke

• HOF Member

I have just had a question sent to me regarding my Tibees that went up for auction on SKF. The buyer wanted to know if a few might be pure Tigers I put in by mistake as they were marked differently and had golden (orange) eyes and he and another SKF person reminded me that yellow eyes were recessive and it was therefore highly unlikely that Tibees would have them
my lengthy response was this

no Tigers in my tanks- they perished last year about June(2014) when I had my shrimp disaster and didn't live with the Tibees- in fact I don't believe the Tigers bred at all in the short time I had them. I have quite a few Tibees with Gold eyes so I either have a strong Tiger gene in the Tibees or your thoughts on recessive eyes may be wrong. I have recently had some Taitibee Yellow Mischlings/Yellow KK with gold eyes show up and have quite a few Blonde Tiger type Tibees roaming around. My lines have been allowed to breed together for about 2 years. Some breeding is Tibee to Tibee so a stronger Tiger gene may have developed. People forget the Tiger gene in the Tibee is as strong as the TB gene initially so by breeding F1 Tibee to F1 Tibee you would expect to get some Tiger traits. Then my F2 Tibees were also allowed to breed to each other in the tanks that I wasn't selectively breeding. Please don't treat them as pure Tiger because they will degrade your Tiger lines- the are Tibee not Tiger regardless of what anyone will tell you. My Tibee lines are Tibee to Tibee, Tibee to TB, Tibee to Mischling, Tibee to CRS, Tibee to CBS, and Tibee to Snow White/Goldens to add more white. Nothing else. My original Tibees came from Ninja (Judy) and BlueBolts (Marcus) and their stock was all related. I wanted to use Tigers to start my own line of Tibees but as I said above they didn't get a chance. So the Tibees you have from me come from a very isolated line with the only fresh genes coming from CRS and CBS. All my original TB and Mischlings came from Judy and Marcus plus a couple of TB from Dean, they were all introduced into my tanks in 2013. Some of the Tibees from Marcus came from his cull tank of "secret" breeding -a joke we had at the time about his special projects. So I am 100% sure of my lines and 100% sure no Tigers were used apart from the original cross to get the F1 Tibee. So there is something for you to research we have all followed the TB side of Tibee but doesn't look like people have done any research on the Tiger side.

Hope that clears it up for you. Please I say again they are not pure and never can be.

This is the breeding of my Tibee line (for your interest).Is this something we have overlooked?

We have all been so busy looking at the Pinto side of Tibees that people have forgotten that breeding Tibee to Tibee can well revert to the original Tiger type. Please be aware if you don't know your breeding stock and it's past generations don't go by looks alone. If you don't know something is 100% pure don't under any circumstances add these to your pure lines- regardless of what someone might think. you can destroy complete lines of pure stock by putting something that looks like a pure line into your tank. Believe me I have some of the most perfect Panda and Kingkong but they are Taitibee and will never go near my pure TB line. Try to find out as much as you can about the breeding of the shrimp you buy. 

• Like 2

• HOF Member

just another little reminder that things aren't always what they seem. This beautiful Bluebolt is a TBMM it is from an F8 Snow white Mischling to a F8 Snow White Mischling. I have seen worse looking pure BB for sale. But it definately is a hybrid 

IMG_20150907_124838_zpsbgyoj8mu (1).JPG

• HOF Member

Thank you. I have 2 this good and 4 a little paler. Not bad considering they are technically  from my cull Snow White tank