Plant Identification Please

GotCrabs

Mum bought some plants for her Guppy tank and one of them I'm unsure of what it is, it was sold as Blyxa but I am certain it isn't, it's too upright and some what hard, unlike the soft, lightly bent leaf of a Blyxa, any ideas of what it is anyone? It's growing quite well and I actually don't mind it either.

IMG_0526.JPG

IMG_0527.JPG

I'd  say it's non aquatic,  Acorus gramineus or dwarf sedge

Edited by buck
  • Like 1

Yeah sorry crabs I read this yesterday but obviously forgot to reply. Spot on again Buck, Acorus gramineus.

This would be a good one for one of your planned emersed setups crabs. You could try that Hemigraphis "Dragon Flame" you posted a pic of a while ago, and any of the other non-aquatics your lfs seems to like selling... I'm sure they'll stock "Dwarf Pongol" aka Mondo Grass and "Christmas Stars" aka Cryptanthus. 

• Like 1

Yup, that's what it is, for sure, unreal, just once again shows how flaping useless my local fish store is, unreal, oh and you were right Kiz, Mondo Grass is there because I remember seeing it and commenting on it also, unreal, thanks guys.

Plants have been taken out of Mum's Guppy tank and put into a container with Fluval Shrimp Stratum in it and placed in tub, thanks fellas.

Also, started setting up the tub.

• Like 1