Seachem/Aquavitro Aquasolum Soil

Anaeflurane

NEW PRODUCT ALERT!! Introducing aquasolum from aquavitro! aquasolum black humate is the perfect substrate for planted and shrimp aquariums. It is a clean, clay-based substrate that supports pH stability from neutral to slightly acid levels – the preferred levels of most planted or shrimp aquariums. It will not cloud or discolor water and actually, can aid in water clarity in many cases.

aquasolum’s non-compacting shape and porous structure allows for plant roots to grow easily and vigorously throughout it. For hatchling and very young shrimp, aquasolum provides secure hiding from predation of larger shrimp and fish.

Be on the lookout for aquasolum at your local fish store which will be hitting shelves soon!

Looks like Seachem wants some of our dirty dirty money :D

soil.jpg

Edited by Anaeflurane

• 2 months later...

Has anybody used this before?

I really like seachem's products and this has just become available in South Africa so I'm thinking of getting some but I'd like some opinions first..

Thanks in advance..:cool:

Sorry, still have not seen it being sold here yet. 

No one has reviewed it. You might be the first to contribute to the community by reviewing it.

15 hours ago, jayc said:

Sorry, still have not seen it being sold here yet. 

No one has reviewed it. You might be the first to contribute to the community by reviewing it.

Might be a while before I can review it, I have a goldfish in the tank I'll be using for my shrimp/plants now, so I have to get it's pond sorted first before I can convert the tank to shrimp/plants.

Ideally I'd have liked some info on the aquasolum before the conversion, to help my decision in purchasing it or not..

OK, so I bought 2 bags of it in preparation for the tank conversion, it's Seachem, at the very least it must be ok I guess.

Sometime in the future when I set up the tank with the Aquasolum in it I will do a review of it..

• 1 year later...

Anyone had already experience with this substrate?

When searching for some information about this substrate, I reached information that it is supposed to contain a lot of Iron, Calcium, Manganese, Nitrogen and Phosphorus - which plants will most likely love, but what about shrimp ?

• 5 weeks later...

I have seen these at my lfs, same bag for $20 us dollars. Haven't tried them yet, but i would love to hear someone's feedback about this substrate. I also saw Dennerle shrimp king substrate, which i think is new, because theres no reviews on it yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk