Disciple

Monday Blues

Disciple

20151122_213938.thumb.jpg.1f2f0f95660ed5

Got a interesting blue tatibee 

• Like 2

ineke

Hope it stays blue for you but most of mine turned black ?

Disciple
30 minutes ago, ineke said:

Hope it stays blue for you but most of mine turned black ?

It will most probably change into a solid black but I can hope haha.

• Like 1

Disciple

MONDAY BLUES BUMP

20160131_154842.thumb.jpg.e90162b4d3c28c20160131_154514.thumb.jpg.0a61422513166320160131_154559.thumb.jpg.fda348b8a3d0b020160131_154539.thumb.jpg.2ff89b4db8fc36

• Like 4

Disciple

Monday Blues people.

Show me your blue shrimp.

20160221_220754.thumb.jpg.f63f247fe933f520160221_220607.thumb.jpg.4b1301a2a3f36620160221_220804.thumb.jpg.49e01f29e07a1920160221_220538.thumb.jpg.dc5e323924d2b9

• Like 2

tomzhaccer

Blue!

Blue Bolt.jpg

• Like 3

Disciple
6 hours ago, tomzhaccer said:

Blue!

Blue Bolt.jpg

Beautiful 

ineke

It's not Monday but I'm feeling blue! All Taitibeesimage.thumb.jpg.51dd4fac77b8a28a2f04ba71image.thumb.jpg.65a92f914b76ad56d78da6f2image.thumb.jpg.ad73def6d27222392c6daadbimage.thumb.jpg.4236c4a2450d1a3d24e18964

Edited by ineke
  • Like 1

Disciple
31 minutes ago, ineke said:

It's not Monday but I'm feeling blue! All Taitibees

They look great too!

• Like 1

Disciple

I see your blues and raise you guys this!

20160301_222220.thumb.jpg.8308462698a1d520160301_222232.thumb.jpg.5d6ba9bea94aea

• Like 2

ineke

Nope I'm done she is a stunner you win!!!

Is she a pure TB or a Taitibee ?

• Like 1

Disciple
7 hours ago, ineke said:

Nope I'm done she is a stunner you win!!!

Is she a pure TB or a Taitibee ?

My bb's were purchased as tbm. So far only bb's have come out so very lucky for me.

ineke

Mine are Taitibees and breeding almost true - I just get an occasional Snow White  but very few. I'm not ready to put them into the pure TB tank though! 

Jo

Oh!  Nearly missed out on Monday.  Here's my Monday blues, inspired by @neo-2FX who was shrimp-spotting with me today :)

25658330042_af10aa8b98_b.jpg

• Like 6

neo-2FX
53 minutes ago, Jo said:

Oh!  Nearly missed out on Monday.  Here's my Monday blues, inspired by @neo-2FX who was shrimp-spotting with me today :)

25658330042_af10aa8b98_b.jpg

?????????

• Like 2

Disciple

Wow amazing. If you ever wanna sell some shadow pandas please pm me first.

• Like 1

Disciple

c4b43f234002686d7d10bbe1fdeed5d0.jpgd4512f3904e8903efccc123f6c39cc3d.jpg

My contribution to Monday Blues

• Like 2

ineke

I'm going to put my BB back in with my Pandas after seeing Jo' s shrimp!

• Like 2

neo-2FX
Wow amazing. If you ever wanna sell some shadow pandas please pm me first.

Get in line Basri

• Like 1

Disciple
1 hour ago, neo-2FX said:

Get in line Basri emoji12.png

I didn't realise there was a line. My bad.

@Jo Am I before or after @neo-2FX ?? haha

• Like 1

Jo
On 15/3/2016 at 11:47 AM, Disciple said:

I didn't realise there was a line. My bad.

@Jo Am I before or after @neo-2FX ?? haha

Hmmmn, technically you'd be after @neo-2FX I'm afraid @Disciple - but maybe if you help me fix my tank Ph problems and I'll see whether you get bumped up the order ;)

• Like 2

Disciple

I am so disappointed I dont know what to say ?

• Like 1

Disciple

My contribution to Monday blues. My new oebt video.

Edited by Disciple
  • Like 2

Jo

So I know I'm a few hours early for the Monday blues, but I cleaned my big tank yesterday and took a couple of shots.  And by a couple, I mean 5.  Got carried away sorry ;)

26139924314_f98d85c0fa.jpg

26473297750_ef26ab518f.jpg

26746438975_27f31534c2.jpg

26472431230_ac580fb298.jpg

26472429660_f02a5c01f5_z.jpg

• Like 5

Foxpuppet
17 minutes ago, Jo said:

26472431230_ac580fb298.jpg

so blue it's black WOW!

17 minutes ago, Jo said:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

Join Our Community!

• sdlTBfanUK
      Great to hear everything is going nicely and you feel ready to start transferring more to the new tank. You were always going to have the PH difference as you are using soil but my cherry shrimp I have in both tanks thrive ok, it just means that you should drip acclimate them probably most of the day to be on the safe side and it is easy enough with the dripper to just leave it going all day. I am not advocating doing this, but as I was putting the cull shrimps into the new betta tank which had a low PH due to new substrate I just dumped them straight in and they were fine and I didn't see a dead one ever (I saw 10 the other day which is about the number I DUMPED in there) - they are much hardier/adaptable than the bee shrimps. I would do as you want/propose and try 10 for the first transfer! I really don't think you will have a problem with the PH difference but would do a long acclimatising to be safe. I have the same floating weed and mine grows really quickly but it is much easier to keep that under control than duckweed as when you get too many big ones you just remove a few. Incidentally when I do my weekly maintenance I trim off the longer bits of root to about 2 inches and it doesn't seem to harm them! You should probably keep a close eye on the tanks this week as we are supposed to be over 30 degrees most of the week. The smaller tank will be the one most at risk of excessive heat? I wish my reset shrimp tank was as lush and green as your new one - good job! I have added 17 shrimps so far and saw 8 yesterday? Simon
    • CurleyJones321
      Right so i've left the tanks and inhabitants for well this long simply because i dont want things to die off if i can help it and people have said leave it a month after establishing a tank before adding shrimp. Other than doing normal maintenance and transferring the 2 liters of old water from the small tank to the large each time and the large tank then getting an extra 2 liters of mineralised new water. Friday i sorted out all the tank decor in both tanks and adjusted the tank TDS to within 5TDS of each other. mainly because i needed to cull the flaoting plants which in the large tank the frogbit has taken over and in the small tank the water lettuce had almost taken over. the Duckweed has all but died out in both tanks not that i have done anything to aid it. my tanks now look like the attached. i then took readings they are as follows:-

Small tank
      TDS - 232
      Temp - 23C
      PH - 7
      NH4 - Unreadable
      N03 - 1PPM
      N02 - 0.05PPM
      P04 - 2PPM
      dKH - 2
      dGH - 6

Large Tank
      TDS - 237
      Temp - 24C
      PH - 5.5
      NH4 - Unreadable
      N03 - Unreadable
      N02 - Unreadable
      P04 - 1PPM
      dKH - 1
      dGH - 5

So the Phosphate is up but thats because i was massively invasive in the tanks and churned up the fertaliser i have in the tank substrate. The PH is also what i would consider to be completely off

also as a side note its worth mentioning that stressing plays out seems to stimulate them to give birth, i now have an extra at least 3 fry appear in the tank just after the works when the mothers had seemed to have stopped giving birth.

i also got a new fish the in other breed of platy because the fish keeper at my LFS told me they could interbreed and it might make what im doing with the fish go faster, i got him today and named him Rodney and am about to add him to the Large Tank with Tyrone  before taking Tyrone out and putting more females in the tank with Rodney to let nature take its course. the Fish keeper did tell me to drip acclimate him however as the PH shock may be too much so that's what I'm currently doing and he's on his 2nd dip.

that does make me wonder however can i now add shrimp to the tank or is the PH going to be a massive problem. i estimate i have between 60 and 100 shrimp in the small tank and want to transfer over say 10?
    • sdlTBfanUK
      Thanks for replying. I know what you mean about breeding, I started off with about 10 and was soon (couple of months) over 100, and  I am sure that would have kept going up if the tank could  have supported more??? I don't see any reason that it wouldn't work with bee shrimps if it is working so well for your cherry shrimp. Obviously the parameters are different but if you are managing to keep the cherry tanks stable I don't see why the bee would be any different, although they are a lot harder to keep! Worth a try though unless someone says otherwise? I shall certainly follow this with some interest. Simon 
    • Myola
      Hi Simon, NO, I wasn't using a buffering substrate previously in the neo tanks, it was just some white gravel that I had laying around. It had originally been in a fish tank some years ago, so it wasn't new when I put it into the neo tank. It started to break down just because of age, and my GH, and subsequently TDS, were rising out of control. JayC talked me through a rebuild with a bare floor. It has worked so well that when I set up more neo tanks I just made them bare as well. Like I said, I wouldn't go back. The little buggers are breeding like crazy, I have a very high baby survival rate and almost no deaths. Under my particular water conditions, it works great ... for neo caridinas. Now I want to do the same with caridinas, but not sure if there's more to a buffering substrate that I don't know about. Hopefully someone out there will be able to help me (and you) with the answers :)  
    • sdlTBfanUK
      A very good question and one I will follow with much interest as I had a similar question a year ago in that would I need to replace the substrate when it stopped buffering with my Taiwan bee tank if all the water I use has the right parameters. Unfortunately I don't know the answer in my case as my heater stuck on and killed all my shrimps off so I am starting again, though I still wonder about the same issue, though I should have at least a year before the new substrate stops buffering.  A lot of big breeding companies that have hundreds or thousands of shrimp (cherry and bee) in each tank (big tanks admittedly) use bare tanks (for obvious conveniences) so I am guessing it will be ok! Hopefully someone who has done it may get back to this thread, but otherwise I would give it a go with a few, especially if you have a spare small tank etc and see how it goes? If you used buffering substrate before but were using RO mineralised water of ideal PH did you have a problem once the substrate lost its buffering ability? I am/was hoping that the substrate buffering wasn't really needed if the water going into the tank is always around PH 5 or 6?  Simon