Sign in to follow this  
buck

Octagon nano

buck

im nearly algae free! I did a big dino spit spot dose on it all and its clearing up nicly but i burnt some of the moss and i might have pissed off some of the plants a little with it too but they will bounce back and be better for it! The shrimp didnt seem to mind at all, they have been very active after the big dose. 

Now to get the hair grass to fill out a bit more! I had to block the blue leds to get a good over head pic, all you could see was the led pattern  in the first pic i tried haha 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

buck

Another week another update, algae is still minimal after the glut bombing, I've exiled  a couple of male crs from the rack for having poor colour. All the new plants have settled in well and have new growth.  I'd like to raise the co2 levels to thicken up the grass, but im not sure how im going to do it with out having to change the filter and use a diffuser (i dont want to spend money on it haha) so ill keep thinking and see how it goes.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

buck

I moved the filter abd bell diffuser so when the plants grow out they should be hidden and i trimmed a bit more.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

neo-2FX

Looks awesome Buck! What's that plant at the top of the driftwood? 

buck

Cheers dude!

Theres an old pic, its ment to be pearl moss i think but im not 100% sure of that 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

neo-2FX

Looks awesome!

buck

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

NoGi

So the dino spit didn't affect that cherry at all? Resilient little buggers.

buck
23 minutes ago, NoGi said:

So the dino spit didn't affect that cherry at all? Resilient little buggers.

No not at all, the red nose and DAS all went ok as well :) 

buck

Couple of progres shots, every thing is growing well and algae is staying manageable. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

inverted
On ‎17‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎12‎:‎30‎:‎50‎, buck said:

image.jpg

image.jpg

weeping moss I think!

Tanks looking great.... nice and healthy

Edited by inverted
  • Like 2

jc12

Filling in nicely. What is the bushy green plant/moss at the base of the driftwood?

buck
13 hours ago, jc12 said:

Filling in nicely. What is the bushy green plant/moss at the base of the driftwood?

its the same moss that is above the water line, so possibly weeping moss if inverted is right?

Ronskitz

Im not sure that its weeping as weeping would have spread out a bit more than what that one has this is mine 0039b81f599ac2e2a4197e57652b4d8b.jpg

It wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong though lol

FMuscle

I'll need to find myself some of this hair grass, looks great buck!

• Like 1

buck
9 hours ago, FMuscle said:

I'll need to find myself some of this hair grass, looks great buck!

thanks dude! pm me if you want to know where i got it from :)  they aren't a sponsor so i cant mention it here 

Ronskitz

I stand corrected lol either way it looks cool and i love the way it's growing out of the water. Was that tied and then sat out of the water or has it grown that way?

shrimpaholich

Looks great @buck nice red in that rotala too

buck

Before Trim 

IMG_4404.JPG

IMG_4406.JPG

After trim :D

IMG_4435.JPG

IMG_4449.JPG

IMG_4434.JPG

IMG_4446.JPG

IMG_4445.JPG

IMG_4437.JPG

IMG_4444.JPG

IMG_4443.JPG

IMG_4405.JPG

IMG_4442.JPG

The water level drops really fast being a small open top tank but the moss doesnt mind 

• Like 4

Disciple

Those yellows are wow!

Great tank too

Matuva

Woaw! Nice yellows! congrats!

buck

i finaly got hold of some pogo helferi! Yay! The tank beeds a trim and i need to sort out the right hand side, i the red plant i had there isnt doing well so i dumped the exess weeping moss on it.

If any one needs some weeping moss pm me! 

Im not sure what im going to put on the right side.... I might even just plant the trimmings of the left side there. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

jc12

I don't see no yellow shrimps!!! Where are they??? 

buck
9 minutes ago, jc12 said:

I don't see no yellow shrimps!!! Where are they??? 

they are very sneaky haha, there are heaps of shrimp in here they are hiding :indifferent_:little turds lol

• Like 1