saj's shrimp macros

sajica

I'm going to admit, I'm still a photography noob despite having owned a DSLR and Macro lens for years. Shrimp isn't really something I've had any experience photographing.

Here's a few shots of my first attempts :)

IMG_6441.jpgIMG_6438.jpgIMG_6432.jpgIMG_6437.jpg

I KNOW I can do better, just need some practice and the right opportunity for the shrimp to play along :)

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I bothered to buy batteries for my flash this time but only managed to take 1 semi decent shot

IMG_6462.jpg

I'll have to practice more tomorrow.

not bad shots, i notice your using f4, try using f13-f16 as it's easier to get all of the shrimp in full focus and a lower ISO setting of say 200-400 would be better if you can too ;)

Thanks for the tips planted..

Here's a couple of new shots... nothing great in this lot, but like the challenge...

IMG_6499.jpg

Caridinides wilkinsoni

IMG_6508.jpgIMG_6509.jpg

Quick, gather around

IMG_6527.jpg

A special "J" Grade Shrimp

Beautiful shots, And your Cherries are beautiful

Do I dare say, sorry for the double post?

Fresh off the memory card...

IMG_6624.jpgIMG_6622.jpgIMG_6621.jpg

Quick...... RUN!!!

IMG_6620.jpg

Meal for two

IMG_6619.jpg

I never knew fish flakes looked so... web'esque

good shot for your first efforts mate... you are the same as me i have had a dslr for year and the macro lens to and just starting to play a bit myself... lots of good advice i have read on here so far with out the dribble...

Heaps better mate. I think the blur is now due to the angle to the glass? Are shooting straight rather than looking down/up?

• 2 weeks later...

Nogi... I forgot to wipe my glass down....

IMG_6694.jpgIMG_6696.jpgIMG_6701.jpg

And I've included this one because I had no idea Planaria have hairs on their body, which you can just make out.

IMG_6699.jpg

Ok a couple of new shots.

IMG_6705.jpgIMG_6707-1.jpgIMG_6711.jpgIMG_6712.jpg

And not shrimp related but this is one of their tankmates. We had them at the shop for around over month and no one even looked at them. That's fine by me, as it gives me something pretty to look at and point a camera at.

IMG_6708.jpg

The nicer of my two males

IMG_6710.jpg

Some really nice pics and even better shrimp :)

Good to see you've finally got the shrimp bug bad!

My bank account isn't enjoying it and you're right. None of my hobbies are cheap.

BTW How many years has it been you've been offering me Red Cherry Shrimp and inviting me over? :p

Haha who knows but I suppose now would be a bad time to tell you it was all a lie and I don't have any? ;-)

One of these days hopefully one of your expensive hobbies will be self sustaining... :)

• 2 weeks later...

I spotted a couple of new addtions to my tank, here's one of them ;) A little baby Red Rilli shrimp

IMG_6730_zpsad0c2118.jpg

If you ever through shrimp macro photography was/is hard. Try taking a photo of a 1 week old shrimp with a 90mm macro lens :dejection: