Yet more snails

Baccus

These are  a couple of the other snails that I found while hunting for the notopala. They look a bit like dreaded MTS but their shells are more spikey and they seem to have black splotches and possibly more orange spots on the underside of their foot.

P1090508_zpsbo4zabbf.jpg

P1090511_zpsv2qpocu0.jpg

P1090512_zpsvg8dvsip.jpg

P1090513_zpsogyfw6wt.jpg

Sorry the pictures arent the best, but they pretty small and my camera is not the best. I will see if I can get some clearer shots tomorrow afternoon.

Howdy they are not MTS in the same family and breed well to, Ben might have the name for them as he has the paper and I can not find the name or my paper, I got mine from Barney springs, ring a bell LOL, they get to 2+ cm

Bob

Yep, they are pretty different to MTS, I thought I had seen pictures of similar ones somewhere online but cant seem to find it now.

Its a huge global group of snails, some the same all over the place and lots of different ones, that one is wide spread but local.

Bob

Best guess would be Plotia scabra but could also be the very similar Plotiopsis balonnensis which occurs more widely. Its unlikely to be Thiara australis unless you collected it in the Northern Territory or on the western side of Cape York. 

All these species reproduce in the same way as MTS (live young) so they should reproduce in aquaria easily. 

Edited by fishmosy