salty shrimp Sulawesi Mineral 7.5

Dean

post-29-13990985655_thumb.jpg

Sulawesi Mineral 7,5

Sulawesi Mineral 7.5 is the most easily soluble variant of our Sulawesi Mineral scope. It buffers the pH at around 7.5 and serves for mineralising RO water, rainwater; fully desalinated water etc. Sulawesi Mineral 7.5 contains all important minerals and trace elements the well-known shrimp species from this region need for their health, wellbeing and colouration. Cardinal shrimp (Caridia dennerli) breeders have been using it very successfully. This mineral salt furthers the microbial regeneration of biological filter substrates.

Raises carbonate and total hardness at a ratio of KH/°dH = 0.42/1.0.

Instructions of use

Add Sulawesi Mineral 7.5 to water outside of your aquarium. It will almost totally dissolve within seconds, and the water is ready for use immediately. We recommend adapting the temperature of the new water to that in your tank. Please make sure to add any undissolved particles to your tank, too. Close the container after every use.

Dosage

RO water, rainwater, fully desalinated water etc. is remineralised with Sulawesi Mineral 7.5 until a hardness of around 6 °dH and/or a conductance of around 270 +/- 40 µS (Mikrosiemens) is reached. This corresponds to a slightly heaped measuring spoon (around 3.5 g) to 15 litres of water. Measuring spoon enclosed.

Available packaging sizes (screw socket)

[TABLE]

100 g

(sufficient for approx.

425 l of aquarium water)

250 g

(sufficient for approx.

1070 l of aquarium water)

1000 g

(sufficient for approx.

4280 l of aquarium water)

[/TABLE]

post-29-139909856544_thumb.jpg

i have just started using this mineral mix for all my cherry shrimp.

as cherry shrimp love and thrive in a higher ph than crystal shrimp i thought this might be a great addition to there tanks.

i spoke with the manufacturer and they said that it is made for the sulawesi shrimp but can be and is used in Germany by many shrimp breeders

for there cherry tanks.

so far the results are great, it seems to be having the same affect as the bee mineral on my crystals and taibee.

there color has improved a lot and they have started breeding very well with good amounts of babies showing up.

i will keep you all updated with this one as i know a lot of people think cherry are easy to keep and dont require special attention, but

from what i have noticed so far with my cherry shrimp i can say it is worth taking the time and giving them the extra care :)

• 1 month later...

great write up Dean, arent they trying to get the Sulawesi shrimp in legally?

great write up Dean' date=' arent they trying to get the Sulawesi shrimp in legally?[/quote']

It's still in early part of the application process, and could be years before anything comes out of it.