Clean & Simple

GotCrabs

I'm looking at re-doing both of my tanks once I can get enough energy and move around a lot better and was looking at doing the following shown in the photo to the AquaTopia Aura 20l I have, to some it may look boring, dull, but to me I love it, clean, simple, tidy and looks great.

Question, what sand base can I use?

I'm thinking of Crystal Red Shrimp only in there, just a handful.

Once I'm ready, I'll look for a piece of driftwood with some kind of moss on it, similar to the one shown in the photo.

I'll need to get rid of my Common Bristlenose first though.

Thoughts?

20130324_110830.jpg

Edited by GotCrabs

Nice tank GC I actually really like it as it is. It's simple clean and the moss on that driftwood almost gives it a rocky look. The white sand really pings as well. It would also help your shrimp stand out. The only thing I am not a fan of with scapes, is having the substrate at a flat plain level. I wouldn't worry about getting driftwood unless you are looking at using it to buffer your ph level.

I would just look at using different size rocks that you showed me and use it to create walls and ledging. What I would do is look at some scapes that have been done using the type of rock you are using and also google landscape pictures of areas where the look of the rock appears naturally. It gives me an Arizona type feel and you could create something really nice using your blyxia to give the appearance of cactus etc. Maybe hair grass as well and use the ledging for your moss areas.  You could even create what looks like a dry creek bed running through the middle of a canyon using different size river pebbles with some small gravel as the creek bed. You could work in some twiggy looking driftwood as though the trees had died and have some that have fallen across the creek.  You have so many options you could do. But I think looking at natural environments is always a good start.

Oh no stop copying me!!!!!!

Copying you? You're off ya chops son! haha.

Nice tank GC I actually really like it as it is. It's simple clean and the moss on that driftwood almost gives it a rocky look. The white sand really pings as well. It would also help your shrimp stand out. The only thing I am not a fan of with scapes, is having the substrate at a flat plain level. I wouldn't worry about getting driftwood unless you are looking at using it to buffer your ph level.

I would just look at using different size rocks that you showed me and use it to create walls and ledging. What I would do is look at some scapes that have been done using the type of rock you are using and also google landscape pictures of areas where the look of the rock appears naturally. It gives me an Arizona type feel and you could create something really nice using your blyxia to give the appearance of cactus etc. Maybe hair grass as well and use the ledging for your moss areas.  You could even create what looks like a dry creek bed running through the middle of a canyon using different size river pebbles with some small gravel as the creek bed. You could work in some twiggy looking driftwood as though the trees had died and have some that have fallen across the creek.  You have so many options you could do. But I think looking at natural environments is always a good start.

I love this tank the way it is hey, just looks awesome.

Found it on the net ages ago and kept the photo.