Re-start

chatony111

Hey guys,

I'm Chatwin and i am relatively new to this forum! Just wanted to share a few photos of my new tank. I currently own 10 CRS in a 40L tank. My aim is to breed them and hopefully keep up the relatively high grade! I had previously Grade A CRS however the colony died after a year due to poor maintenance. This will not happen again! 

My current water parameters are: pH(6.8), NH3/NH4(0), NO2(0), NO3(10), PO3(0), i am waiting to buy a KH and GH test.

Water top ups are done with tap water dechlorinated with Prime however i bought a RO system yesterday, pondering if i should do all WC's now with RO water...

I am feeding them RAC N-1 shrimp food

Sorry about the poor quality photos, they were taken on a phone attached to a cheap macro lens

EF171FB8-1294-47E5-ACAD-4E903707F33C_zps

66074011-020D-4603-8182-F0C0F22785EB_zps

542A200C-2B2D-462B-BAA3-4D3F31DE8DDE_zps

• Like 1

• HOF Member

Great to see you try again. They look nice quality shrimp for you to start with again. Tank looks great. Good luck with your breeding program.

Welcome @chatony111  Got some nice looking shrimp mate, If your going to use RO water in your water changes you will need a TDS meter to ensure you have the tds in a good range that your CRS will like and also benefit from. 

My tap water has a tds of about 480 and my CRS slowly always died and would berry up but never saw shrimplets survive. Colony ended up dieing to nd then i swapped to RO water and tds of betweeo 150-170 and got a tank full of happy CRS for over a year now

Edited by OzShrimp

Welcome to the forum.

I hope you enjoy yourself here.

Edited by Disciple