Oh Sexy Red

Baccus

I spied this little stunner the other day getting about in my tank, still to young I think to accurately tell if its male or female, but WOW.

P1090138%202_zps6zswjel7.jpg

P1090135%202_zpsokjeg5qk.jpg

P1090144%202_zpsnplxsp7t.jpg

The wormy looking things in the tank are in fact that, my thriving population of blackworms which I harvest every so often as a treat for my other fish.

• Like 1

Wow  is the correct expression.

It's stunning, especially next to a blue gravel.

Thanks

The photos didnt do it real justice in the flesh its really vibrant and glossy. Also the little guy was not interested in sitting still for a photo shoot.

Wow  is the correct expression.

It's stunning, especially next to a blue gravel.

Yup, Blue white red, that's french flag :5565bf0371061_D:

Sorry, could not resist :brb:

Looks like a nice male to me. The male who started my colony with 4 females did look like him, awesome red!

Yup, Blue white red, that's french flag :5565bf0371061_D:

Sorry, could not resist :brb:

Blue, White and Red is also the Australian flag 

To tell the truth I hadnt actually paid to much attention to the gravel colours. But I'm going with Aussie flag since he/she is born and bred here.....that or it cant decide if its a QLD or NSW supporter LOL.

As much as I hate doing it, it looks like I am going to have to have another tank cull to track down all the desirable ones like this little guy and remove all the not so red. Trouble is there is  only one other tank I could use at a pinch for culls but its housing some angels, which I am sure will view shrimp as a tasty change to guppy fry.

Wow such a stunning red colour! I've got a few nice dark reds, but can't get any good photos of them!