My new shrimp home :)

Gino

post-24-139909858042_thumb.jpg

Just fighting some melting at the moment this is a side view of day 1 but once melting is under control will add some new one

post-522-139909846697_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Haha I know what you mean, everything is melting in my tank too. Its my first planted tank so I'm trying not to freak out.

Anyway good luck with it.

Thanks man, just keep the water changes up... One of 2 things will happen either the ammonia will stop or Melbourne's water will run out lol

beautiful setup! like the idea of front sand/gravel area look so neat, and a perfect spot to watch your shrimp at feeding time.

how do you stop soil travel through the gap between rocks?

Most of the bottom of the rocks are placed so there is no gaps, having said that the bottom layer of substrate is mixed with clay balls so it makes it harder for it to seep through... Any gaps that are too big are filled with filter wool to stop it coming through (little cheat) and then covered with a plate of moss so u can't see a bright white section of rock lol.

Hexa, still haven't put any shrimp in as I still have melting plants and traces of nitrate (thankyou Ada) if I took a picture of it now it just looks like a nuclear bomb went off :(

Moment it all calms down ill put some update pics, but at this stage I'm almost thinking a replant will be necessary :(

Haven't really decided what cherries are gonna be housed in there yet either as I don't want them to blend in too much or defeats the point :)

• 5 weeks later...

Wow that looks awesome! What have you used for the carpet? I've been wanting to find out about what's good for that as most plants I locate aren't true aquatic so no point : /