Caridina confusa 'Short Creek'

fishmosy

Nothing to report so far. I've seen a couple more moults and I've seen berried shrimp from time to time over the last couple of weeks. Of the two originals that were berried, I'm certain one held and one dropped them. But am I still seeing that female? I'm not sure. Just waiting to see new shrimplets, but its a big tank.....

I did change my canister filter over to a model better suited to sitting beside the tank, as this tank sits on my bottom shelf. I moved as much of the media from the old canister into the new canister and have been doing larger than normal water changes. Only lost one shrimp which I found today, after changing the filter over last weekend, so not bad. Now the tank can really settle in. I've also started dosing the tank with small doses of liquid fertiliser (Dino Pee) to encourage algae growth for the nerites in the tank. They have been doing a great job at keeping the tank sparkling clean. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing yet. Not sure what is going on in this tank as I've lost three shrimp since last update. Might be kickback from changing over the filter but water parameters seem ok and stable. Maybe the tank needs more time to mature.

is it possible this first generation didn't like the tds going up so much ?

Its possible, but I held them in a temporary tank at much higher TDS than the TDS in their natural habitat aka Short Creek with no deaths. This tank developed a coating of algae quickly whereas their current tank has not. I think this is a sign that the tank is being slow to mature.

Edited by fishmosy
  • Like 1